Your Search Returned 114 tagged news reports
A late night two-alarm blaze in Dorchester tore through a two-family home, causing minor injuries to two firefighters and displacing residents. Firefighters responding to the Wyoming Street home about 11:07 p.m. Friday night found heavy fire was in
Sampson, Globe Correspondent A water main break on Warrenton Street sent fire and sewer officials scrambling to make repairs this afternoon and forced organizers to cancel two shows at the Charles Playhouse. The break was reported at about 11:30 a.m.,
There are hundreds and hundreds of feet of steam line that run under the streets and for most of them, the insulation is not asbestos, said Steve MacDonald, spokesman for the Boston Fire Department...Firefighters responded to the leak at 76 South St.
Posted by Catherine Cloutier November 3, 2013 06:46 AM E-mail this article To: Invalid E-mail address Add a personal message: (80 character limit) Your E-mail: Invalid E-mail address Sending your article Thirteen people were left homeless after a
One of the big problems is the fire gets underneath the brush and inside tree trunks, which makes it hard to extinguish, said Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald. Firefighters responded to the blaze near Washington Street at about 6:20 a.m.,
A two-alarm fire in the basement of a Brighton duplex left more than a dozen students out in the cold yesterday morning. There were no injuries, said Boston Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald, who said the 6:30 a.m. blaze was confined to the
A water main break at a construction site sent a column of water spewing into the air this afternoon in the Fort Point Channel area, officials said. The break happened at about 3:12 p.m. at A and Congress streets, said Boston Fire Department
Green Line is shut down and multiple buildings on Commonwealth Avenue have been evacuated this afternoon after a backhoe struck a gas line during a construction project, officials said. The backhoe hit a four-inch gas line at 1867 Commonwealth Ave.
Boston EMS transported a woman to the hospital for smoke inhalation...Dorchester at about 11:23 a.m., where they witnessed fire in the rear of the building on the top floor. The one-alarm fire began in a third-floor bedroom and spread to the rear
The break was first reported shortly before 8:30 a.m., said Steve MacDonald, Boston Fire Department spokesman. The basements of the buildings at 63, 65, and 67 Broad St. were inundated, MacDonald said...Crews from the Boston Water and Sewer