Your Search Returned 434 tagged news reports
A man was rescued after getting stuck 30 feet down a chimney at a Los Angeles apartment building. Fire Department spokesman Erik Scott says firefighters pulled the man out of the bottom of the furnace chimney at the four-story building in Koreatown
The department responded to the fire in a four-unit building in the 200 block of Acorn at 9:20 p.m., according to a news release from Fire Chief Chris Clark. Advertisement There was minimal damage to the interior of the building, he said.
Firefighters were called to the four-unit building on the 300 block of Wisteria Drive by a report of a chimney on fire at 9:34 p.m...When they arrived fire was showing on the north side of the building, damaging its exterior. Crews extinguished the
7 October 2013 12 shares 0 View comments A trip to the big city turned into a disaster for a Chinese man and his family after he was persuaded to take part in a game of mahjong, and was thrown out of an 11th floor window when he was unable to pay a 6,
After a few months of delays, lawyers for the Illinois-based firm filed a response with the Utah Division of Air Quality (DAQ) last week, saying the incinerator's emissions did not violate limits specified in its permit and the company satisfied
There is a huge fire risk when heating with wood and solid fuels. Fireplace fires account for 36 percent of residential home fires in rural areas every year and, more often than not, these fires are due to creosote buildup in chimneys and stovepipes.
Aubrey McIntosh has taken up mining in his spare time, and he's finding it hard and hoteven if it's prospecting for a virtual currency and a computer is doing all of the work. Mr. McIntosh, a semiretired chemistry professor in Morris, Minn., is among
A small chimney fire at Coop's West Texas Barbeque on Lemon Avenue last month "was nothing significant," according to a fire official. Other media reports described the fire as a "blaze," but owner Brad Cooper said those reports were false. "We were
Downtown Boulevard which was the result of fat buildup in ventilation chimneys. Mr O'Connor said although not all restaurants owned the same extract ventilation systems, cleanliness was important across the board. "Each restaurant has different risks.
If folklore is true, good luck may be rubbing off around northern Italy's Piedmont region when chimney sweeps from around the world gather there later this week. The 32nd annual International Gathering of Chimney Sweeps beings Friday near Lake