button batteries popular tagged News at allvoices.com

button batteries news

News tagged with “button batteries”. Found: 27 tagged news reports.
 

Your Search Returned 27 tagged news reports

 

Wellington :: New Zealand | 22 days ago

Credibility Credibility of 5

Medical staff awareness needed to reduce growing button battery injury risk The Battery Controlled partnership was launched in New Zealand today to help raise awareness among parents and medical first responders, such as paramedics, practice nurses,

Tags:

Auckland :: New Zealand | 1 month ago

Credibility Credibility of 5

Button, or coin, batteries are used in watches, pedometers, remote controls or other small devices. As these become larger, more powerful and more prevalent, injuries to children have become more frequent. If a battery is swallowed or inserted, it

Tags:

Sydney :: Canada | 10 months ago

Credibility Credibility of 5

Button batteries are small, single celled ones used to power little electrical devices such as watches, hearing aids and bicycle lights...She said the 20 representatives who attended the summit had agreed to introduce child-resistant packaging "as

Tags:

Sydney :: Australia | 10 months ago

Credibility Credibility of 5

Joe Crameri said a button battery stuck in the oesophagus was a surgical emergency. Photo: Rodger Cummins Parents are being warned about the dangers of button batteries following the death of a Queensland girl, 4, after swallowing one...Advertisement

Tags:

Arlington Heights :: IL :: USA | 11 months ago

Credibility Credibility of 5

While his parents didn't notice it from their vantage point 5 and 6 feet up, the shiny object did catch the eye of their ever-inquisitive 3-year-old who promptly popped the button battery in his mouth and swallowed. It seemed like a good idea at the

Tags:

California City :: CA :: USA | over 1 year ago

Credibility Credibility of 5

Thursday Dec 27, 2012 61 cases of coin lithium battery ingestion in 3 years prompt campaign. One child a month needs emergency surgery to remove an ingested button battery, which can cause severe burns to children's throats and noses. At least 61

Tags:

McLean :: VA :: USA | over 1 year ago

Credibility Credibility of 5

Updated Battery maker Energizer says it is making the packaging on its coin-sized button batteries more child-resistant and adding new warnings to packages and batteries, in response to increasing reports of small children swallowing such batteries

Tags:

Washington :: DC :: USA | over 1 year ago

Credibility Credibility of 5

Chances are you have a bunch of gizmos at home that contain button batteries, those sleek coin-size power sources that pack an electronic punch. Batteries like these can keep your TV remote or a child's toy up and running for months. And with more

Tags:

Atlanta :: GA :: USA | over 1 year ago

Credibility Credibility of 5

They are used to power everything from flashlights to remote controls. So called "button batteries," which are the size of coins (and sometimes smaller), have grown in popularity over the past few decades. Now, the  Centers for Disease Control is 

Tags:

Los Angeles :: CA :: USA | almost 2 years ago

Credibility Credibility of 5

MyHealthNewsDaily Disk batteries are known to be hazardous because young children can swallow them, but the batteries also are small enough to be accidentally inhaled, according to doctors reporting the case of a 4-year-old boy in California. A disk

Tags:



Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.