Articles and Stories - Gideon Gono - Allvoices

Gideon Gono News

Last mentioned in Harare : Zimbabwe
Gideon Gono (born November 29, 1959) is the current Governor of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe (RBZ) and former CEO of the Jewel Bank, formerly known as the Commercial Bank of Zimbabwe....

Add related content for Gideon Gono

Related Gideon Gono news stories

  • Mugabe appoints new central bank governor

      News Source: News 24 | 4 months ago
    Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe has appointed economist John Mangudya as governor of the country's central bank, state media reported on Sunday. Mangudya succeeds Gideon Gono, whose term expired in December after a 10-year tenure marred by world-
  • Robert Mugabe appoints new central bank governor

      News Source: Daily Nation | 4 months ago
    Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe has appointed a new central bank governor as his government continues to struggle to bring stability to the economy. According to State media reports on Sunday, Dr John Mangudya will succeed Dr Gideon Gono who retired
  • Zimbabwe: Obert Mpofu's Allied Bank Faces Collapse

      News Source: Africa Headlines | 5 months ago
    PF Transport Minister Obert Mpofu, said to be failing to inject more cash to keep it afloat. The bank is one of seven institutions facing insolvency and that have been under central bank surveillance since November last year. In December there were
  • Zimbabwe: New RBZ Chief Preps Monetary Statement

      News Source: Africa Headlines | 7 months ago
    Former RBZ governor Dr Gideon Gono last presented the monetary policy in January 2013 and failed to make the second presentation as required by law because of disruptions brought about by the general election held in July last year. The RBZ Act
  • Zimbabwe: Rebuilding Stability and Confidence

      News Source: Africa Headlines | 8 months ago
    Government, the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe and financial institutions culminated in a decision to assume the RBZ's debt of US$1,35 billion. As was noted in our story last week, the move to assume the central bank debt was a noble thing which will go a
  • Mugabe's poll win rattles investors

      News Source: News 24 | 11 months ago
    The re-election on President Robert Mugabe in Zimbabwe appears to have unsettled foreign investors who have since embarked on selling off listed stocks. Since President Mugabe's re-election on the July 31, foreigners have sold off shares worth above $
  • Zim: Minister loses patience with 'defiant' Tongaat Hulett

      News Source: Daily Mail & Guardian | over 1 year ago
    The Zimbabwe unit contributed 19% to Tongaat Hulett's total interim revenue and 32% to operating profits in the half-year period to September 2012. Kasukuwere accused Tongaat Hulett this week of failing to comply with the country's 51% indigenisation
  • Zimbabwe Struggling to Pay Laid-Off Workers

      News Source: Inter Press Service | over 1 year ago
    IPS Articles Hapson Munjanja, another independent local economist, concurred and added that businesses could not be blamed for being unable to pay their laid-off workers compensation. It is not the fault of companies that retrenched workers aren't

Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.