August 16, 2012
The ocean can be fun, but also be a harmful place if not careful. As Discovery Channel dedicates a week to shark-centric programming, Protect Your Bubble has compiled tips for consumers on how to avoid shark attacks while traveling. Below are ten shark safety suggestions (Source: Discovery.com):
1. Avoid swimming after heavy rains or murky sea water.
2. Don’t swim near seals, as they are typically hunted by sharks.
3. Flashy, bright colored bathing suits and shiny jewelry can attract sharks
4. Never feed sharks. That’s asking for trouble.
5. Refrain from swimming in the ocean at night. Being able to see what’s around is key.
6. Stay away from dolphins and seabirds, as they hunt for the same prey.
7. Watch the swimming habits of fish in the area. If they suddenly dart away, that’s a sign that a shark could be near.
8. Keep swimming strokes smooth.
9. Avoid swimming in waters that are notorious for shark attacks...If a shark as been spotted, leave the area immediately.
Protect Your Bubble provides travel protection for single and multi-trip coverage...Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and routine wellness visits...Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Media Contact
Protect Your Bubble USA
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/8/prweb9806127.htm