us.protectyourbubble.com/">Protect Your Bubble understands that consumers don’t always want to leave their pet at home or at a boarding facility during their next big trip. Bringing pets on a flight may seem daunting, but it’s easier than most pet parents think. Although, the process has been carefully streamlined by many airlines there are still some things to consider before booking Fido’s plane ticket. According to airlines, there are three pet air travel options. It’s important to identify which category makes the most sense for the pet depending on size, duration of flight and the animal’s health condition:
Pets as Carry-On
- Pets may accompany the pet parent in the plane cabin and must be small enough to fit comfortably in its kennel under the seat in front of them. Kennel size dimensions may vary per plane/airline.
Pets as Checked Baggage
- Pets may travel on the pet owner’s flight in a temperature-controlled and pressurized environment. Consumers must contact the airline to determine regulations and restrictions.
Pets as Cargo
- Pets can be shipped as cargo without its owner on domestic and international flights. Airlines have a number of regulations that should be carefully reviewed by the consumer.
Once consumers establish the method for travel best suited for their needs, below are some important tips for them to consider, making the process as smooth as possible:
- Ensure that the animal is familiar with its crate prior to travel.
- If traveling as cargo or checked baggage, remove the animal’s leash and muzzle, and send with a frozen block of water attached to the kennel for a continual water supply, as well as a food supply attached to the kennel.
- Place absorbent material on the bottom of the crate.
- Walk the animal prior to departure for a last minute potty break.
- Always label the crate legibly and include the pet parent’s name, address and contact information, in case of separation.
- If the pet is traveling with a Protect Your Bubble travel protection policy holder and they are unable to take care of their pet due to a medical emergency while traveling, Protect Your Bubble will arrange for the return of the pet to its home.
- Before booking airline reservations, consumers must read the rules and regulations for the crate/kennel sizing and measurements. Additional fees will likely apply.
- Pets should visit the veterinarian prior to travel for an update on any needed shots and an analysis on the pet’s physical condition for travel.
Air travel can be stressful on pets, so it’s important for dogs and cats to be in good physical condition. Protect Your Bubble offers pet insurance with coverage plan options that include routine wellness visits. Policy holders may also visit any licensed vet in the country, which is a great feature while traveling...Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services. Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
Headquartered in Atlanta,Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Media Contact
Protect Your Bubble USA
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/8/prweb9767781.htm