Since the costs are increasing and the payments are decreasing; the physical therapists are in the dire need of a system that can save their time, effort and money. June 25, 2012
Nitin Chhoda, one of the pioneers in implementing and advocating the use of electronic medical records for physical therapists have mentioned that, ‘’Many physical therapists bear the misconception that regular practice and full schedule can guarantee profitability in the business. But they are wrong, what they require is not only the best quality of service to provide, but also an efficient method of assessing and evaluating the quality and the quantity of service they are providing.’’
According to Chhoda, by using the physical therapy EMR, a physical therapist can get himself equipped with the necessary monitoring and assessment tools to monitor the costs and financial data, evaluate the treatments, monitor the areas of success and make necessary financial and marketing decision to enhance the business performance, He had pin pointed the following 10 benefits offered by the implementation of an EMR.
1. Analyze the past performance history, like the number of new patients per day, number of visits and no show per day.
2. Allocate resource and stuffing based on the past performance.
3. Track and monitor the referral source and the rate of referrals converting into regular patients
4. Understanding the source of referrals to determine where more marketing efforts are required.
5. Determine the location from where more patients are coming from and finding the route of expansion.
6. Automatic booking and cancellation, reducing the staff hours at reception.
7. Improved relationships with patients and better customer service.
8. Less reliability on memory or papers and more productivity from the therapists as they need less time to spend for paperwork.
9. Ease of information availability.
10. Enhanced profitability.
The complete package of EMR includes a lot of services like physical therapy billing and physical therapy scheduling software. As a result, the job of a physical therapists become more treatment centered, giving them the required space for performance enhancement, says Chhoda. The methods he introduced to utilize the complete EMR analysis is what a good therapist need to thrive their business.
Chhoda’s office can be reached by phone at 201-535-4475. Nitin Chhoda PT, DPT is a licensed physical therapist, a certified strength and conditioning specialist and an entrepreneur. He is the author of "Physical Therapy Marketing For The New Economy" and “Marketing for Physical Therapy Clinics” and is a prolific speaker, writer and creator of products and systems to streamline medical billing and coding, electronic medical records, health care practice management and marketing to increase referrals. He has been featured in numerous industry magazines, major radio and broadcast media, and is the founder of Referral Ignition training systems and the annual Private Practice Summit. Chhoda speaks extensively throughout the U.S., Canada and Asia. He is also the creator of the Therapy Newsletter and Clinical Contact, both web-based services to help private practices improve communication with patients, delivery better quality of care and boost patient retention.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebphysical-therapy-billing/physical-therapy-EMR/prweb9536348.htm