Device that Exploded in Man’s Mouth NOT an Electronic Cigarette
Linkedin

Device that Exploded in Man’s Mouth NOT an Electronic Cigarette

Tampa : FL : USA | Feb 28, 2012 at 3:25 PM PST
Source: PRWeb
XX XX
Views: Pending
 

The media reports that have been coming out about the man that had an electronic cigarette blow up in his mouth have all been inaccurate and misleading, claims Puffweb.com. February 28, 2012

Many have heard the story reported by ABC News about the tragedy in Florida concerning the electronic cigarette that exploded. According to Puffweb.com, the device that exploded in Tom Holloway’s mouth was actually in fact NOT an electronic cigarette, it was an electric cigar.

Most of the media reports coming out refer to this device as an electronic cigarette...According to Dan Henry, head editor of the popular electronic cigarette review website Puffweb.com, "This indicates that the device is clearly an Electric Cigar, which is much different than an electronic cigarette. The news media is not clarifying the difference between the two."

Furthermore, Chief Butch Parker reported finding several 3.0 volt CR123A type batteries charging in the room along with a scorched battery case that appeared to be one for a cigar-sized device. This information suggests the device he was using may have been a "Mod”, a device that has been intentionally modified by a third party company and outside the specs of industry standard safety and quality control. V2 Cigs also released a statement on their blog concerning this incident and the dangers of using Mods.

"First of all, the major electronic cigarette companies like V2 and Green Smoke, do not make electronic cigars. Most electronic cigars are made by foreign companies or diverse manufacturers that are not recognized in the electronic cigarette industry," says Dan Henry.

Dan Henry also said, “I don’t include Electric Cigar Reviews or Mods Reviews on my website because I don’t recognize them as being in the same industry as Electronic Cigarettes. They are dangerous and I do not recommend they be sold or used.”

U.S. based Electronic Cigarette companies have been producing E-cigs for years with no incidents or injuries. "Based on what the Fire Chief had to say, the device that exploded was most likely a Mod, and not made by a reputable company. Mod’s are add-ons to existing devices and can result in fire or explosions, and are notorious for doing so. Some of these devices are even made by individuals, not companies, which do not have the means to test for safety like major manufactures," according to Dan.

“So what have we learned here?” says Dan Henry. “Not only was the device not an electronic cigarette, but we are now receiving information that it was a triple stack battery Mod! This should raise awareness on the dangers of modifying electronics that you put in your mouth! Electronic Cigarettes have a flawless record of safety and it’s important to recognize that this incident is not a representation of the safety of electronic cigarettes. It should also be a wakeup call to those that like to tinker with such devices that can cause injury.”

You can visit Puffweb.com for more Electronic Cigarette information, and also read about the Ruling on FDA Regulating Electronic Cigarettes.

# # #

For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/2/prweb9227189.htm

 
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
 
  • Credibility
  • Wait... Flag
 
 
Advertisement
 

More From Allvoices



Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.