Widespread Rain over Northwest India during Next Week
Linkedin

Widespread Rain over Northwest India during Next Week

New Delhi : India | Aug 12, 2011 at 8:45 AM PDT
XX XX
Views: Pending
 

There will be widespread rain and thundershowers over northwest India during the next week. The intensity of rain will increase during second half of the week. Fairly widespread rainfall would occur along the west coast, east India & northeast India during many days of the week. The rain will decrease in later part of the next week over central India and Gujarat but this region will have Fairly widespread rainfall from next Monday to middlae of the week.

Rainfall would remain subdued over interior Maharashtra and southeast Peninsula. The monsoon trough would remain in its near normal position during 1st half of the week and shift gradually towards north of its normal position during 2nd half leading to increase in the rainfall activity along the foothills of Himalayas.

With the likely southward shift of trough, Monsoon activity may increase over central India and adjoining Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra. However, rainfall would decrease over northwest and east India.

As per today’s current synoptic conditions, a well marked low pressure area lies over Gangetic West Bengal & neighbourhood with associated upper air cyclonic circulation extending upto midtropospheric levels tilting southwestwards with height. An upper air cyclonic circulation lies over south Rajasthan and neighbourhood extending upto midtropospheric levels tilting southwestwards with height.

The axis of monsoon trough at mean sea level passes through Bikaner, Bharatpur, Banda, Daltonganj, centre of well marked low pressure area and thence southeastwards to eastcentral Bay of Bengal. An off shore trough runs from Gujarat coast to Kerala coast. A western disturbance as an upper air system lies over north Pakistan and neighbourhood.

For the country as a whole, cumulative rainfall during this year’s monsoon has so far upto 10 August been 04% below the LPA. Out of 36 meteorological subdivisions, the rainfall has been excess over 05, normal over 24 and deficient in 07 sub-divisions. In area-wise distribution, 83% area of the country received excess/normal rainfall. Remaining 17% area received deficient/scanty rainfall. 398 out of 602 districts of the country have received normal to excess rainfall. The cumulative seasonal rainfall for the country as a whole from 1-10 August has been 1% above the LPA with near normal rainfall over all the four subdivisions.

1 of 1
As heavy rain and strong gales battered the coast, state authorities said some 40,000 people had been evacuated
As heavy rain and strong gales battered the coast, state authorities said some 40,000 people had been evacuated
chnarendra is based in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India, and is a Reporter on Allvoices.
Report Credibility
 
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
 
 
 
Advertisement
 

News Stories

 
  • Widespread rain in northwest India next week

      NewKerala
    There will be widespread rain and thundershowers over northwest India next week, the Ministry of Earth Sciences said Friday and added that the intensity of rain will increase during second half of the week. In a press release, the ministry said...
  • Second spell of rains bring relief to Kutch, N Gujarat

      NewKerala
    With 22.30 mm average rains in the state in last 24 hours, the second spell of monsoon brought much-needed relief to the areas hitherto deprived of showers for last few weeks including Kutch, North Gujarat and parts of Central Gujarat.
  • Kolkata likely to receive more rainfall

      NewKerala
    The weather is turning from bad to worse as more rainfall was witnessed since Saturday morning in almost all the corners of West Bengal and specially in South 24 parganas and Kolkata. Nine out of 19 districts of West Bengal are under the grip of a...

Images

 >
 

More From Allvoices

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report

Most Commented Reports



Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.