At least one drug overdose death was reported at the annual music festival held at Glastonbury, Wiltshire in England.
A man in his 50s was found dead in the VIP area of the festival. The man was discovered dead in a portable toilet. The exact cause of death has not been officially established as fact. It was reported however by other visitors to the festival at which U2 and others performed that the man died from the effects of a cocktail of drugs including cocaine.
The event lasting a few days which was headlined by , the wife of rapper and business man Jay-Z, who in the past has recorded tales of selling drugs, was attended by an estimated 177,000 on a farm in the south of England. It is not known who supplied any drugs to the man. There are no other reports of deaths or incidents at the event.
It is known that a large number of cocaine drug dealers operate in the closed event every year, raking in substantial takings and profits selling all manner of drugs including speed amphetamine, cocaine, E and LSD, where they can deal to a captive clientele away from the normal law enforcement personnel. Tickets to the event are reported as costing from 150 UK pounds to around 1,000 UK pounds for exclusive areas and services at the event.
Temperatures soared on the weekend to around 100F, which is generally unusual for England. The heat wave in combination with the drugs may have contributed to the death of the man who has not yet been identified.
There has been no comment from the company responsible for organising the festival, Mean Fiddler plc.