Man arrested for the gruesome killing of an 8-year-old boy

Man arrested for the gruesome killing of an 8-year-old boy

Brentwood : NY : USA | Jul 13, 2011 at 9:42 PM PDT
Views: Pending
Missing 8-year-old B'klyn boy found dead

A man by the name of Levi Aron was taken into custody for the killing of an 8-year-old boy Leiby Kletzy

It was a sad day for Leiby Kletzy’s parents, when they found out the reason for his disappearance. 8-year-old Brooklyn boy was killed and later cut into several pieces by a man named Levi Aron. Leiby Kletzy got lost while walking home from his day camp on Monday morning. He was in his Orthodox Jewish neighborhood and it was from there that he got picked up by a stranger. According to reports, it was the first day that Leiby Kletzy was ever allowed to leave from his camp alone. On the previous day, his parents had guided him fully as to how to find his way home, but Keltzy got lost when he set out alone. On his way, Leiby Keltzy asked a stranger for directions and that stranger turned out to be his killer.

When Levi Aron realized the boy was lost, he took advantage of the situation and asked him to sit in his car, in which he would drop the boy to his home. Levi Aron then took the boy home and killed him. These details were gathered by a security camera which was installed outside a dentist’s office in Brooklyn. The detectives were able to make out the grainy video of the security camera and they saw Kletzy get into Aron’s brown Sedan, after which they drove away.

When the police arrested Levi Aron, he told them that he panicked when he saw that such a massive search campaign had been initiated to look for Leiby Kletzy. When the police arrived at Aron’s house, they asked him where the remains of the boy were hidden, and he pointed them to the kitchen. Over there police saw blood-stains on the freezer and when they opened it they found bloody knives, cutting boards and feet stashed inside.

Levi Aron lived alone in his apartment on Avenue C in a building which is occupied by his parents and other family members. Levi Aron worked at the Empire State Supply Co. and according to his co-workers, he came to work on time on the next day of the murder.

In a lengthy confession, Aron told the police that he spent several hours with the boy before he suffocated him. It is still not clear whether he sexually abused Kletzy or not.

Leiby Kletzy’s funeral will be held on Wednesday evening and a lot of people are expected to attend it.

Samantha86 is based in New York City, New York, United States of America, and is an Anchor on Allvoices.
Report Credibility
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear

News Stories


More From Allvoices

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report

Most Commented Reports

Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.