Digital multimeter is a necessary tool for electricians. The most advantage of it is can test components. This article is going to explain how to use a digital multimeter to test a resistor.
Resistors are components which to limit the current to other components. Ohm is used to calculated resistor.
1. Connect the black probe to the “COM” and connect the red probe to the port “ohm”.
2. You can use alligator clips to attach the probes of digital multimeter. The alligator clips is provide a better connection to the component and match the probes.
3. Make a connection with the each terminal of the resistor use the alligator clips. There are four color band types with the common resistors. The first two colors express values, and the third one is express a multiplier, and the fourth band express the difference of the resistor value. Theoretically, this resistor should with 2700 Ohm with 5% deviation of the value. That is to say the better resistor, the lower deviation. General speaking, 5% deviation is a symbol of the good resistor.
4. Dial your digital multimeter to the Ohms. Small part of the dear digital multimeters has the setting with the multiplier, such as x100, x 1000. However, digital multimeter will auto set the multiplier, so you can read the results directly.
5. When you take your digital multimeter reading, you can estimate the value, you can subtract 5% deviation, you can get the real reading.
6. You should make sure there is no voltage active in circuit. You can touch either terminal with your digital multimeter probes.
7. The resistor should have the value of 510 ohms. If your digital multimeter shows the value of resistor is 509, that is to say it is a good resistor.
Youroscilloscope.com is a online store which wholesale and dropship digital multimeter, welcome come to our site to have a look! Wish you can get one as you want.