The authorities have shown Monday to diplomats accredited to Syria and journalists a "new mass grave" near Jisr al-Choughour, a city northwest of the country was rocked by violence earlier this month.
An AFP photographer part of journalists who visited the area has seen the removal of eight bodies buried under a pile of garbage in a vacant lot used
This is according to the authorities of the third mass grave discovered since the takeover of Jisr al-Choughour by the army on June 12 The official news agency Sana said that these bodies of policemen killed by "armed groups".
Diplomats and military charge of some thirty countries, including United States Ambassador to Damascus, were part of the trip organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The delegation also visited the headquarters of the security, where officials said 82 policemen were killed on June 6 during a massacre perpetrated by "armed men".
But opponents, witnesses and the deserters have challenged the official version and said that police officers were killed in a mutiny.
June 15, Damascus had organized a trip for journalists to Jisr al-Choughour, deserted by its 50,000 inhabitants and where the army was deployed on June 12 after an offensive that lasted three days.
Since the outbreak of the March 15 protest movement against the regime of President , the authority has sent troops and tanks in many cities to quell the protesters, the violence attributed to "armed terrorists who sow chaos "