Patrick Robinson dismissed as the star design chief of GAP.
A little bit of history:
1. Robinson had designed for Rabanne.
2. He had designed also for , and Anne Klein.
3. He had been nominated for a Council of Fashion Designers of America award.
4. Virginia Smith, wife, is a Vogue editor.
5. He was dispensing styling advices on the pages of Glamour and Teen Vogue.
6. He's popular items are the fitted cargo pants, reinvented jeans and military-inspired clothing.
What seemed to be the problem for his dismissal?
- He had a diffuculty figuring out what Gap should be selling.
No successor has been named yet.