BULL DIED AFTER CHOKING ON
Linkedin

BULL DIED AFTER CHOKING ON

Canterbury : United Kingdom | May 06, 2011 at 1:05 AM PDT
XX XX
Views: Pending
 

These balloons were released in their hundreds in the cause of " COMIC RELIEF " charity.

Farmer Richard Vant found the Belgian Blue x Limousin valuable bull dead. The 13 month old bull had a red balloon and string in it's mouth. Attached to the string was a label signifying it had been released at Lynhurst Primary school, Camberwell. London. It had drifted 50 miles and come down on the farm in kent.

At first the school's insurance company refused to pay compensation, but eventually paid out £889 to the farmer.

The farmer was quoted as saying the bull would have had a slow painful death probably taking as long as 20 hours.

He further said it was unacceptable that an industry in the food chain where returns are low as it is should face such instances as this. Against the argument that the manufacturers of the balloons claim they are bio-degradable in an instance like this the release cannot be justified.

It was quite apparent that Mr.Vant thought alternatives to releasing balloons for charity was necessary despite this instance being the first of this nature reported.

Elderly1933Extrovert is based in Carmarthen, Wales, United Kingdom, and is an Anchor on Allvoices.
Report Credibility
 
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
 
 
 
Advertisement
 

News Stories

 

Blogs

 >

More From Allvoices

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report



Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.