A Coal loaded freight train while moving from Brajarajnagar to Simadri, passing through SIKIRI Railway Station (seven KM away from TITLAGARH) got derailed at 00.35 am (midnight of 03-05-11). As a result, the train tilted towards the Line no. 1 and dashed with 18108 Koraput-Rourkela Intercity Express, while passing in Line no. 1. Three bogies, i.e. one 3AC and two General Second Class out of 11 bogies got affected in Titlagarh-Sambalpur single section of Sambalpur Railway Division, resulting in blocking of the section.
18108 Koraput-Rourkela Express train had left Koraput at 05.00 pm yesterday i.e. on 03-05-11 in its scheduled time. Divisional Railway Manager, Sambalpur with his team of officers and relief train reached to the accident site and started the rescue operation.
General Manager, East Coast Railway with all high level officers from Headquarters at Bhubaneswar have also rushed to the site immediately.
However, there is NO CASUALTY reported.
A total no. of 18 passengers got minor injury while 02 passengers reported grievous injury and have sent to the hospital for treatment.
STRANDED PASSENGERS HAVE BEEN EVACUATED FROM ACCIDENT SITE BY SPECIAL TRAIN. ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE FOR DRINKING WATER, TEA, SNACKS ETC. FOR STRANDED PASSENGERS AT THE ACCIDENT SITE AND ALSO AT BOLANGIR RAILWAY STATION.
The Help Line no. opened for the Public Enquiry: SAMBALPUR-0663-2521091, 0663-2521191, ROURKELA- 0661-2510680, JHARSUGUDA-06645-271265, RAJGANGPUR- 06624-220299.
Due to this accident some trains have been cancelled, diverted and short terminated.
1. 12872 Titlagarh-Howrah Ispat Express.
1. 12146 Bhbuaneswar-Kurla Express will run via Sambalpur-Jharsuguda instead of Titlagarh.
2. 12744 Surat-Puri Express will run via Titlagarh-Vijayanagram instead of Sambalpur.
Trains Short Terminated:
1. 58218 Raipur-Bilaspur Passenger will run upto Titlagarh and back. There will be no services between Titlagarh and Bilaspur.
2. 18301/18302 Sambalpur-Rayagada-Sambalpur Intercity Express will run between Sambalpur & Bolangir and will be cancelled between Bolangir & Rayagada.
3. 18005 Howrah-Koraput Samaleswari Express will be short terminated at Sambalpur and will return as 18006 Koraput-Howrah Samaleswari Express from Sambalpur. This train will be ca6celled between Sambalpur & Koraput.