McDonald’s (Philippines) Removed BF-GF TV Commercial
Linkedin

McDonald’s (Philippines) Removed BF-GF TV Commercial

Manila : Philippines | Apr 13, 2011 at 5:56 PM PDT
XX XX
Views: Pending
 
McDonalds Philippines

Manila, Philippines – McDonald’s Philippines replied to the issue on BF-GF TV Commercial ad and decided to stop the airing last Tuesday.

Margot Torres, McDonald’s Philippines vice president for marketing and communications said “We would like to inform the public that McDonald’s decided to pull out the commercial because we respect the call of Bishop Iñiguez. We don’t want our commercials to draw misinterpretations … Our intention was only to convey to the public that our products are not expensive.”

It was been previously appealed by Caloocan Bishop Deogracias Iniguez that the McDonald advertisement could send the wrong message to young viewers. And now, he was very happy towards McDonald’s management decision.

According to Iniguez, “We are very happy that McDonald’s listened to our plea that it agrees with the sentiment and the reflection of the Church on the commercial spot”.

1 of 2
Next
BF-GF New commercial 2011
jesettextine is based in Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines, and is a Reporter on Allvoices.
Report Credibility
 
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
 
 
 
Advertisement
 

News Stories

 
  • McDonald's pulls Philippine ad amid church anger

      Channel NewsAsia
    In the commercial, a girl who looks to be only five or six years old asks a boy of the same age if she can be his girlfriend. The boy curtly rejects her, complaining that girlfriends are too demanding. But after the girl says all she wants are some...
  • Filipino Catholics take McDonald's ad off TV menu

      Russia Today
    American fast food giant McDonald's plans to open 45 restaurants in Russia in 2010, investing around $3 million in each...The boy harshly cuts her down to size, saying girls are excessively demanding. The girl replies that all she wants is McDonald's...
  • Ford Philippines suspends operations

      Inquirer.net
    PhilippinesThe Philippine subsidiary of Ford Motors said Wednesday it would go through a month-long shutdown due to an expected shortage of parts caused by the earthquake disaster in Japan. The shutdown began on Monday and will last until May 9, Ford...
  • Philippines protests China's maritime claim in UN

      Daily News & Analysis
    The Philippines has protested to the United Nations over China's claim's to disputed areas in the South China Sea, saying Beijing's stance has no basis under international law. The Philippines claims sovereignty over parts of the Spratly Islands and...
  • Japan quake idles Ford, Toyota Philippine units

      Inquirer.net
    Ford on Wednesday announced temporary shutdowns at their Philippine plants due to expected parts shortages caused by Japan's March 11 earthquake disaster, officials said. Honda's Philippine subsidiary announced last week it would halve its April...
  • Ford Philippines suspends production for 18 days

      The Jakarta Post
    Follow us on Business US carmaker Ford says it has started an 18-day suspension of production at its assembly plant in the Philippines partly due to a shortage of parts from Japan. Ford Group Philippines says it started the temporary halt in...

Blogs

 >

Images

 >
 

More From Allvoices

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report



Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.