A one-year boy was burnt so hard by tap water that he is now being treated in hospital for serious burns. The property owner had reported that the water temperature fell within the limits.
The boy's mother stated to Hallandsposten that the damage occurred when the child's siblings had gone swimming in the tub and the little boy then climbed in attempting to bathe himself.
The incident had occurred on February 25 in an apartment block in central Laholm. The mother reported that the boy's burns were worse than after a few days that he was taken to the hospital in Halmstad.
He is still being cared for the damage to one foot and lower leg.
The mother thinks that the water in the hot water tap was too hot and believe that the responsibility for this lies with the property owner.
The landlord stated that the water temperature was within the limits that apply.
Laholm mother had also criticized the treatment the boy received at the doctors the first few days.