Most Christian historians and Protestants will agree that the Roman Catholic Church is simply paganism covered over with a Christian name. She is called the Mother of Harlots, and her children are the Protestants who left her with the trinity still intact within their Godhead and baptismal formulas.
"The world, cloaked in a form of righteousness, walked right into the (Catholic) church. Now the work of corruption rapidly progressed. Paganism, while appearing to be vanquished, became the conqueror. Her spirit controlled the church. Her doctrines, ceremonies and superstitions were incorporated into the faith and worship of the professed followers of Christ." The Great Controversy, Page 50.
"When the zealots of the Primitive Christian Church sought to Christianize paganism, the pagan initiates retorted with a powerful effort to paganize Christianity. The Christians (Catholics) failed but the pagans succeeded. With the decline of paganism the initiated pagans hierophants transferred their base of operations to the new vehicle of Primitive Christianity, adopting the symbols of the new cult to conceal those eternal verities which are ever the priceless possessions of the wise." The Secret Teachings of All Ages, by Manly P. Hall page 185.
Here now is a comparison of Baal worship and the Roman Catholic Church.
1) The Nativity of the Sun, the birth of Tammuz on December 25th. Accordingly the Catholics proclaimed December 25th the birth of Christ. Most scholars agree that he was born around September or October instead, as Shepherds would not be out in the fields during the cold of December.
2) The midsummer Festival held on June 24th. The nativity of Saint John also held on the 24th of June.
3) The assumption of Semiramis, who became the Mother Goddess. The assumption of Mary, who was declared the Mother of God.
4) The Mother Goddess is worshipped as Queen in heaven. Jeremiah 44:17-19 "But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil. But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine. And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?" The supposed perpetual virgin Mary also is worshipped as Queen of heaven. Matthew 12:46, Mark 3:31 and Luke 8:19 are speak of Jesus' physical brothers and sisters. Most scholars agree that He had several of them. Though technically they are step brothers and step sisters as he was born of God's Holy Spirit.
5) Cakes with a letter "T" decoration at their centers. The Catholics have hot cross buns with a "T" across them.
6) Forty days of fasting for Tammuz. Ezekiel 8:14 "Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD'S house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz." Forty days of lent.
7) The festival of Easter. Easter is still celebrated today. The history of Easter (Ishtar). Ishtar, which is pronounced Easter was a day that commemorated the resurrection of one of their gods that they called Tammuz, who was believed to be the only begotten son of the moon-goddess and the sun-god. In those ancient times, there was a man named Nimrod, who was the grandson of one of Noah's son named Ham. Ham had a son named Cush who married a woman named Semiramis.Cush and Semiramis then had a son named him Nimrod. And after his father died, Nimrod married his own mother and became a powerful King. speaks about Nimrod in 10:8-10 as what follows: "And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. He was a mighty hunter before the Lord: wherefore it is said, even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the Lord. And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad,and Calneh, in the land of Shinar
8) The veneration of graven images of Baal, Tammuz, and Ishtar. The veneration of the graven images of Jesus Christ, the saints and Mary.
9) The doctrine of purgatory. The doctrine of purgatory.
10) Chants and repetitious prayers. Matthew 6:7 "But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking." The rosary and hail Mary.
11) Burning of incense. Jeremiah 11:7 "For the LORD of hosts, that planted thee, hath pronounced evil against thee, for the evil of the house of Israel and of the house of Judah, which they have done against themselves to provoke me to anger in offering incense unto Baal." Ezekiel 8:11 "And there stood before them seventy men of the ancients of the house of Israel, and in the midst of them stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan, with every man his censer in his hand; and a thick cloud of incense went up." The burning of incense and candles.
12) The wearing of amulets and display of idols to scare away evil spirits. The wear of the cross and displaying of images and idols to keep evil at bay.
13) The round disk wafer with IHS stamped upon it for , Horus and Seth (the trinity of the sun). The Catholics use an IHS disk wafer and hold to a trinity.
14) Infant baptism and Holy water. The Catholics since 1 AD have practiced infant sprinkling yet calling it baptism (the original word in Greek "baptizo" of which it was taken from, means only to immerse or dip in water or a liquid).
15) Pontifex Maximus (meaning the great bride builder between the pagan triadic gods and men) or shortened to Pope, was the head of the Babylonian and pagan religious systems. Around 385 AD the gave he title Pontifex Maximus to the Catholics. Today his title has been shortened to Pope or Papa.
16) Janus and Cybele claimed to have the keys to the kingdom of heaven in their possession. The Pope claims to have them been given to them directly by Peter. History proves by reading 1 and 2 Peter that he was preaching to the Jewish community and residing in Babylon, and died there. After the angel released him from prison he moved to Antioch and then to Babylon. As he was a wanted fugitive and would of been killed on site as per Roman law (if found by them).
17) The pagan high priest claimed to be the incarnate sun god. The pope claims to be Christ on earth.
18) Had vestal virgins for life at pagan temples. The Catholics have nuns, who are supposed to abstain from sex at all times.
19) They offered appeasements to the gods. Roman Catholics do works of penance and indulgences to appease their god(s).
20) Human sacrifices made to appease the gods. Catholics burned humans on crosses to appease their trinity.
21) Held to a triad. The Catholics worship a trinity. How did the trinity come about? At the end of the fourth century there was a great controversy between those who believed that Jesus was another being separate from God and inferior to God, and those who believed that Jesus was a coeternal person beside the Father making up one God. Athanasius led the group who believed in three persons while Arius led the other group. In 325 AD, Athanasius' view won the day at the Nicean council. But the idea of a Trinity was not completely declared until the Council at Constantinople in 381 where they declared God to be three eternal persons. At this latter council they declared the Holy Spirit was a third eternal person. The Athanasian is the declaration held by Roman Catholics and most Protestants today. It was created in the fifth century. Modern orthodox trinitarianism stands on this creed. All Pagan religions from the time of Babylon, have adopted in one form or another a trinity doctrine or a triad or trinity of gods. In Babylon it was Nimrod, Semiramas, and Tammuz; In Egypt it was Osiris, Isis, and Horus; within Israel pagan gnosticism it was Kether, Hokhmah, and Binah; In 's philosophy it was the Unknown Father, Nous/Logos, and the world soul. But in Old Testament Judaism there was only One God, a numerical one. The difference between paganism and God's people has always been the Oneness Monarchian Message reinforced by the First Commandment that prohibits any theory of a plurality. See Exodus 20:3; Deuteronomy 6:4-5; Isaiah 44:6-8, 45:22, 46:9; Zechariah 14:9; Matthew 28:18; John 1:1-2, 14, 10:30, 14:6-9; Acts 2:36-38, 10:36; Revelations 1:8, ect.
A comparison of Hinduism and Catholicism.
1) Both hold trinities. There's the Hindu triad of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva, they represent the cyclic movement of a pantheistic evolution, and symbolize the three stages of Being, Becoming and Dissolution. And the Catholic triad of father, son and Holy Ghost of whom are supposedly three separate entities but equals. A type of divine cloned trio that are supposedly all equal.
2) Both use Rosaries to make repetitious prayers.
3) Bible or Holy word was kept from the people in both of these religions, and in both cases only authorized priests could understand and teach to their people.
4) Both make prayers for the dead.
5) Candles or lamps are lit in both cases for the dead.
6) Both religions have last rites and prayers to bring a person into a better death existence.
7) Relics of saints are highly prized in both cases.
Obviously, the Roman Catholic Church is the new Babylon or Mother of Harlots that we are all supposed to flee from both in word and in deed. Mystery Babylon is a corrupt Church: Just as a pure woman represents a pure Church, a corrupt woman represents a corrupt Church. A woman in white (clothed in His righteousness or way) is Christ’s bride, the true Church. See Isaiah 54:5-6; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:31-32. In Revelations 17:1, 15-16 and 19:2 we see a second woman who is called a “whore” or “harlot,” being a fallen compromised Church who is teaching false doctrines. Here are some scriptures on the subject.
"Depart ye, depart ye, go ye out from thence, touch no unclean thing; go ye out of the midst of her (Babylon); be ye clean, that bear the vessels of the LORD." Isaiah 52:11
"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." Colossians 3:17
"But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils." 1 Corinthians 10:20
"Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferers that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searches the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works." Revelations 2:20-23
As per her own critics, Catholic Rome is the Babylonian Harlot.
According to the International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, "The characteristics ascribed to this Babylon apply to Rome rather than to any other city of that age: (a) as ruling over the kings of the earth (Revelation 17:18); (b) as sitting on seven mountains (Revelation 17:9); (c) as the center of the world's merchandise (Revelation 18:3,11-13); (d) as the corrupter of the nations (Revelation 17:2; 18:3; 19:2); (e) as the persecutor of the saints (Revelation 17:6). Historicist interpreters commonly used the phrase "Whore of Babylon" to refer to the Roman Catholic Church. Reformation writers from Martin Luther (1483–1546) (who wrote On the Babylonian Captivity of the Church), (1509–1564), and John Knox (1510–1572, who wrote The First Blast of the Trumpet Against the Monstrous Regiment of Women) taught this association. Supporters of this view cite a number of Bible texts. The Bible speaking of the whore of Babylon states "And on her forehead a name was written: MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH." (Revelation 17:5) Most Protestant Reformers and the modern Seventh-day Adventist Church believes that in Bible prophecy a woman represents a church. "I have likened the daughter of Zion To a comely (lovely) and delicate woman." (Jeremiah 6:2) A harlot is representative of a church that has been unfaithful, "The beginning of the word of the LORD by Hosea. And the LORD said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the LORD.” (Hosea 1:2) They also believe the primary location of this unfaithful church is stated in the same chapter. "And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth." (Revelation 17:18) During the time of the writing of the book of Revelation, Rome, was the great city which reigns over the kings of the earth. Therefore, those who take this interpretation believe this apostate church which is prophesied to rise in the future, must be located in Rome. "The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication." (Revelation 17:4) Roman Catholic cardinals are frequently arrayed in scarlet. Catholic priests wear purple on Advent, Lent, along with occasionally other colors. "Gold, pearls, and precious stones and pearls deck the statues of Mary and the saints in the Vatican." "And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration." (Revelation 17:6) Throughout a period of around 1260 years, the Roman Catholic Church has conducted multiple religious persecutions (see Spanish Inquisition, Medieval Inquisition, Portuguese Inquisition and Roman Inquisition). One historian source states: "That the Church of Rome has shed more innocent blood than any other institution that has ever existed among mankind, will be questioned by no Protestant who has a competent knowledge of history."