Every girl dreams of long, well shaped nails that adds to the beauty of the fingers. Dirty and poorly kept nails make your hands look ugly. The easiest thing to maintain good healthy nails is to go to the parlour and get them treated.
However, instead of shelling out 500 bucks on manicure every alternate weeks, simple steps at home can give you equally beautiful nails.
Here are some secrets to your perfect nails:
To harden soft nails, soak them in warm olive oil every alternate days for about 15 minutes.
To retain the natural sheen of your nails, apply a good petroleum jelly on your nails every night. Buff them with a soft cotton cloth.
To fix brittle nails increase your consumption of vitamin B (especially B5). Applying nailpolish on brittle nails prevents it from braking.
If you regularly apply nailpolish, give a break in beween. Leave your nails without nailpolish for a few days at regular intervals to prevent them from turning yellow.
It is not a very good idea to remove the cuticles from your nails, as it will make the nails susceptible to infection. Rather, you should make use of good quality cuticle oil and gently push back the cuticles using an orangewood stick.
Once in a month go for a home manicure session.
1. Make hot water.
2. Add 2 sachets of shampoo and a few drops of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2).
3. Dip your fingers in it for 15 minutes.
4. When your nail and cuticles get soften, apply a cold cream and brush your nails.
5. Clean them using a thin stick.
6. Cut the cuticles.
7. Shape your nails.
8. Cleaning, cutting and shaping is best done when the nail is soft.
9. Dry your hands.
10. Apply a lotion and wear a nice nail polish.