Breaking News: Father admit he killed three missing Michigan boys
Linkedin

Breaking News: Father admit he killed three missing Michigan boys

Morenci : MI : USA | Dec 01, 2010 at 11:02 AM PST
XX XX
Views: Pending
 
Missing Morenci boys news conference Nov. 30 2010

The news that so many people had dread just became actuality. The father of three missing Michigan boys, who attempted to kill himself last week and was arrested Tuesday upon his release from a mental hospital, has now admitted to killing them.
During a press conference on Tuesday authorities said they do not "anticipate a positive outcome" in the case after days of searching and based on what the children's father said.
Authorities and volunteers, however, continue searching for the three missing brothers from Morenci, Michigan, though hope is fading.

Andrew Skelton, 9, Alexander Skelton, 7, and Tanner Skelton, 5, were last seen on Thursday and were reported missing Friday when they did were not returned to their mother as scheduled. The children's father, John Skelton, initially said he did not want his children around when he tried to kill himself. He claimed to have turned them over to a woman he hardly knew, Joann Taylor, asking her to return the boys to their mother in Morenci, Michigan.

He's not changed his story and police do not believe a relationship existed between Skelton and Taylor. John Skelton has admitted to FBI profilers that he killed his sons. No further details were released regarding the admission.

Skelton, 39, was unsuccessful in his attempt to hang himself. Police have been engaging in conversations with Skelton regarding where his sons may be located and he has been forthcoming with some information.

Those conversations led investigators to grim expectations, according to Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks. No details or specifics were provided but Weeks said statement made by Skelton to investigators are what indicated to them there would not be a positive outcome to this case.

According to Weeks, no decision has yet been made about the charges being sought against Skelton. The boys' mother and family were notified that authorities are not optimistic about the case. When asked how the family is reacting to the news, Weeks said, "Imagine your worst nightmare. How would you respond?"

Searchers will continue to look for the missing brothers. Crews searched areas of Williams County on Monday, including a campground where authorities believed Skelton may have taken the boys in the past.

Searchers set up a command center in Pioneer with searches extending to West Unity, Kunkle, and Holiday City.

Police are asking anyone with information to call the Morenci Police Department at 517-458-7104.

1 of 1
Breaking News: Father admit he killed three missing boys
Andrew Skelton, 9, Alexander Skelton, 7, and Tanner Skelton, 5
Darlena Bonds is based in Detroit, Michigan, United States of America, and is an Anchor on Allvoices.
Report Credibility
 
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
 
 
 
Advertisement
 

News Stories

 
  • $3 million bail for missing boys' dad

    John Skelton was arrested Tuesday upon his release from a mental health facility where he was being treated after a suicide attempt, Morenci, Michigan, Police Chief Larry Weeks said. Skelton has chosen to fight extradition, Weeks said Wednesday...In...
  • Police Scaling Back Search for Missing Boys

      People.com
    Morenci, Mich., Police Chief Larry Weeks, says that no bodies have been found but that their father John Skelton has provided information to investigators. Skelton, 39, is being detained in Ohio on $3 million bond on parental kidnapping charges. In a...
  • Michigan Dad Is Key to Missing Boys Mystery

    These undated photos provided by The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children show the Skelton brothers. Mich. -- The key to finding three young Michigan brothers who have been missing for nearly a week ultimately may lie with what their...
  • Father of missing boys held on $3m bond

      The Daily Telegraph
    THE father of three boys who disappeared from Michigan last week is being held in Ohio on a $3 million bond. John Skelton, 39, has been charged with three counts of parental kidnapping after his sons, Andrew, nine, Alexander, seven, and Tanner, five,...
  • $3M bail for dad of missing brothers

      United Press International
    The father of three missing Michigan boys appeared in an Ohio court Wednesday in chains and in a wheelchair. John Skelton, 39, has been charged with parental kidnapping, the Detroit Free Press reported...Skelton's sister said he hurt his foot during...
  • Search for 3 Mich. brothers to go into next week

    Michigan authorities say they expect the search for three young brothers missing since Thanksgiving to continue into next week. Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said Wednesday that authorities will ask volunteers who have been searching for the three...

Blogs

 >
  • Police: John Skelton Lying About 3 Missing Michigan Boys (Video ...

      law.rightpundits.com
    Morenci, Michigan Police officials are claiming that John Skelton, 39, the father of three (3) missing Michigan boys, lied about giving them to Joann(Joanne) Taylor, an online friend. The brothers, Tanner Skelton, 5, Alexander Skelton, ...
  • 3 Brothers Missing in Michigan

      seamusoriley.blogspot.com
    Morenci Police Chief Larry Weeks said today that police doubt the story of John Skelton, 39, who told them he handed over his children to a woman named Joann Taylor before attempting suicide Friday. The boys —Tanner, 5, Alexander, 7, ...
  • Missing Michigan Boys Photos?

      uaddit.com
    The father of the missing boys, a 39 year old man named John Skelton from Morenci Michigan, apparently is suffering from some mental health issues. Before attempting to commit suicide he claims that he handed over his three sons to a ... Morenci
  • Missing Michigan Boys: Authorities Say Father Lied | DBKP - Death ...

      deathby1000papercuts.com
    Tanner, 5, Alexander, 7, and Andrew, age 9, from Morenci, Michigan, were last seen on Thanksgiving afternoon playing in their father's back yard. The boys with their father 39-yr-old John Skelton, a court ordered visitation. ... John Skelton said he

Images

 >
 

Videos

 >
 

More From Allvoices

Related People

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report



Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.