WORLD'S TOP 10 ANTI-CHRISTIAN REGIMES
1. North Korea: Reports are that Christians are being used as human guinea pigs for the testing of both biological and chemical weapons there. It is illegal to be a Christian there and bible carriers are executed by it's authorities.
2. Iran: Christians are subject to arrest at times and conversion from Islam to Christianity is not easily tolerated, as converts likely to be tortured by officials.
3. Saudi Arabia: Churches of other religious denominations than Muslim are outlawed. Apartheid against non-Muslims. Death for apostasy from Islam. Two major cities (Mecca and Medina) forbid entrance of non-Muslims. Items such as the bibles, a cross, or other religious symbols are prohibited by law.
4. Somalia: Somali Christians practice their faith in secret and under extremely dangerous conditions. At least ten souls have been killed for their faith. Some women have been raped and other people have been kidnapped. Islam is the official religion; there is no legal provision for religious freedom.
5. Maldives: The Maldives is a chain of some 1,200 small islands in the Indian ocean, southwest of Sri Lanka. Adherence to Islam, the state religion since the 12th century, is required for citizenship and nearly all of the nation's approximately 300,000 people are Muslims. The president of the Maldives has declared that the island nation has no room for any religion other than Islam. Christians there have been held captive by the government at times and it denies that fact.
6. Afghanistan: The Christian community live with the threat of official harassment and attack by extremists. The U.S. has done nothing to greatly improve the tolerance of Christianity and in fact discourages the teaching of bible studies there by it's troops to Muslims.
7. Yemen: Converts from Islam encounter opposition from the authorities and extremist groups who threaten 'apostates' with death if they do not turn back to Islam. That area is fast becoming a new hotbed for terrorist activity, that is according to the latest reports.
8. Mauritania: Christians face discrimination by Muslims there.
9. Laos: Imprisons the Christians there and has harsh treatment for them.
10. Uzbekistan: Has a crackdown on Christians by raids on their homes and the confiscation of their bibles. They are oppressed by the KGB officers in that country.