Charges to be Filed against Mumbai attacks suspect - Breaking News Allvoices

News Stories Related To: Charges to be Filed against Mumbai attacks suspect

Mumbai : India | 5 years ago  
Mumbai, India- The joint commissioner of police in Mumbai, India Rakesh Maria told reporters on Tuesday that the government expected to file charges against Pakistani citizen Mohammed...
    • Clear
    • Share:
    • Share
    • Clear
    • Clear
    • Clear
    • Clear
     
  • Read full report
   Reach     Credibility Credibility of 3
Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report

Related news stories

  • Stop doublespeak on 26/11: India to Pak

      Time of India | 5 years ago
    India on Saturday made it clear that Pakistan will have to initiate steps to clear the "atmosphere of mistrust" for restarting the composite dialogue and act on the "incontrovertible" evidence provided to it in connection with the Mumbai strikes. In...
  • India says Zardari sincere in terror fight

      Khaleej Times | 5 years ago
    Foreign minister Pranab Mukherjee described Zardari as a "nice man" and a "gentleman" whose wife, former premier Benazir Bhutto, was a victim of a "senseless brutal terror attack," the Press Trust of India news agency reported. "I would like to say...
  • GPS switched on in Pakistani waters, says Maria

      Daily News & Analysis | 5 years ago
    According to the police investigations, the ten terrorists used Pakistani vessel MV Al Husseni before they shifted to an Indian fishing trawler Kuber. Maria said that 30 witnesses identified Ajmal, the lone surviving terrorist, during the...
  • Speak in one voice on Mumbai attacks: India to Pakistan

      The Hindustan Times | 5 years ago
    India on Friday urged Pakistan to speak in one voice on the Mumbai terror attacks, with two ministers saying flip flops on the carnage were best avoided. "I am sure somebody else will refute him tomorrow," Home Minister P Chidambaram said at a press...
  • Kasab didn't take sea route: Pakistani navy chief

      NewKerala | 5 years ago
    There is no proof that Kasab took the sea route," Pakistani Navy chief Admiral Noman Bashir said at a press conference here. At the same time, he admitted that patrolling the waters on the Pakistani side of the international border off the Gujarat...
  • Kasab didn't use sea route, says Pak navy chief

      Rediff | 5 years ago
    Pakistan navy chief Admiral Noman Bashir on Friday claimed that there was no proof that Ajmal Amir Kasab [ Images ] , the lone terrorist arrested during the terror attack on Mumbai [ Images ] in November last year, had used the sea route to reach...
  • Zardari sacks Special Public Prosecutor in 26/11 case

      Indian Express | 5 years ago
    Apart from his sacking as the Special Public Prosecutor, Sardar Mohammad Ghazi was removed from the post of Deputy Attorney General by Zardari, according to an official notification quoted by ‘Dawn News' channel. Ghazi went to London on a private...
  • India: Mumbai attackers called Pak officer

      United Press International | 5 years ago
    The men who attacked Mumbai in November made telephone calls to a Pakistani Army colonel, prosecutors say. In the charge sheet for the one alleged terrorist who survived the standoff that followed the attack, the officer is identified as Col.
  • Footage may show Mumbai attackers

      CNN | 5 years ago
    A brief surveillance video appears to show gunmen in a Mumbai, India, hotel during coordinated attacks on several locations in November that killed more than 160 people, including many foreigners. CNN has been unable to authenticate the video, which...
  • Lot more action needed on 26/11, says India to Pakistan

      Sify News | 5 years ago
    Holding a secretary-level meeting with Pakistan for the first time since the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, India on Thursday urged its neighbour to do more to bring the perpetrators to book and "take credible action to dismantle the resources of...
  • Pakistani Colonel 'Was Involved' in Mumbai Attacks

      Fox News | 5 years ago
    India —  Police in Mumbai say they have identified at least one serving officer in the Pakistan Army as being involved in the terrorist attacks on the city that killed more than 170 people in November. The 11,200-page document listing the charges...
  • Pakistani officers 'helped plan Mumbai attacks'

      The Observer | 5 years ago
    Pakistani officers helped plan Mumbai attacks, says India Police hint at extensive army involvement in rampage More serving Pakistani army officers may be named as conspirators in the Mumbai terror attacks , according to officials dealing with the...
  • Mumbai attacks: Two Indians played key role

      Indian Express | 5 years ago
    Faheem and Sabauddin have been arrested for conducting recce of the city prior to the November 26 attacks and giving information, including maps, to the operatives of Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba (LeT)...The 11,280 page-chargesheet...
  • India names Pakistani colonel over Mumbai terror attacks

      The Guardian | 5 years ago
    India names Pakistani colonel in connection with Mumbai terror attacks Colonel Sadatullah is the highest-ranked Pakistani national to be implicated in the three-day siege which left 164 people dead Indian police have named a Pakistani colonel who...
  • India charges 38 over Mumbai attacks

      Jang.com.pk | 5 years ago
    Police charged the man they say is the lone surviving gunman in last year's Mumbai attacks with “waging war” against India and included two Pakistani soldiers among 37 others charged on Wednesday, government officials said. Laying out the first...
  • Justice in 3 to 6 months: Ujjwal Nikam

      Daily News & Analysis | 5 years ago
    The prosecution will focus on the cases that Ajmal was directly involved in. These include the MV Kuber murders, the CST firing case, the Cama Hospital firing case, the Skoda robbery case, and the Girgaum Chowpatty encounter, in which Ajmal was...
  • Ajmal Amir not present in court

      Daily News & Analysis | 5 years ago
    It also contains the statements of a couple of officers of the US Federal Bureau of Investigation as well as details of the financial transactions carried out by the terrorists and their satellite phone records. The charge-sheet includes statements...
  • 26/11: a plethora of charges

      Hindu | 5 years ago
    The 11,280-page charge sheet of the 26/11 attacks, filed on Wednesday, invokes a plethora of Acts against 47 accused identified in the case...Mirza, invokes Sections 121, 121 (A) and 122 of the Indian Penal Code for waging war against the government...
  • India Charges Pakistani Gunman in Mumbai Attacks

      Washington Post | 5 years ago
    The lone surviving gunman from last year's Mumbai attacks was charged Wednesday with "waging war against India " along with murder and 12 other crimes -- the first formal charges in the deadly three-day rampage in the country's financial capital.
  • 35 Lashkar men from Pakistan in charge sheet

      Hindu | 5 years ago
    Mumbai: Thirtyfive Pakistani nationals from the terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba are listed as wanted accused in the charge sheet filed by the Mumbai police on Wednesday in the November 26, 2008, Mumbai attacks case.
  • India indicts Kasab in Mumbai attack

      dailymail | 5 years ago
    Ajamal Amir Kasab and 19 others involved in the terror attack that claimed over 180 lives. Two other terrorist, Fahim Ansari and Sabahuddin, were also produced in the special court. The duo were arrested last year from Uttar Pradesh and questioned in...
  • India files formal charges against Mumbai attacker

      International Herald Tribune | 5 years ago
    Indian investigators filed formal charges on Wednesday against Ajmal Kasab, the Pakistani who is the sole surviving gunman from the November attacks in Mumbai. If convicted of the most serious charges, which include murder and waging war against...
  • Two suspected senior Pak army officers named in chargesheet

      India Abroad | 5 years ago
    Two persons suspected to be senior Pakistani army officers were named on Wednesday in the chargesheet filed by Mumbai [ Images ] police in connection with the 26/11 terror attacks. "Two supposedly Pakistan Army [ Images ] names with designations have...
  • India charges Mumbai gunman with murder

      China News | 5 years ago
    Official sources said that the charge sheet contains eyewitness accounts of over 2,200 people and named Kasab, nine of his dead fellow attackers, and 37 others as people involved in the attacks. Only Kasab and two other men are now in the hands of...
  • Pak Army may be linked to Mumbai attacks: Mumbai police

      The Hindustan Times | 5 years ago
    The Mumbai police on Wednesday said two Pakistanis with military background were involved in last year's Mumbai terror attacks. The names of two Pakistani army men have surfaced during the probe and it is being investigated "whether they are serving...
  • Mumbai Attackers to be Charged

      Epoch Times | 5 years ago
    India—Mumbai terror attack suspects were to be formally charged before a metropolitan magistrate in Mumbai on Wednesday, three months after the incident. Later, a special court will take up the case, authorities said on Tuesday. A 5,000-page charge...
  • 26/11 chargesheet has enough proof: Police

      Times of India | 5 years ago
    Following the filing of chargesheet in the Mumbai attacks case on Wednesday, Joint Commissioner of Police Rajesh Maria said that 26/11 chargesheet consists of enough evidence to nail the accused including Ajmal Kasab. "Case against 26/11 accused is...
  • Accused Mumbai terror gunman charged

      United Press International | 5 years ago
    A man police say is the sole surviving gunman of November's Mumbai terrorist attacks has been formally charged with murder and other crimes, officials say. Mumbai chief public prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam officially charged Azam Amir Kasab with murder,...
  • India charges gunman over Mumbai attacks

      Mail and Guardian | 5 years ago
    Indian police on Wednesday charged a man, who they say is the lone surviving gunman in last year's Mumbai attacks, with "waging war" against India, drawing up the first formal charges in the case, a government lawyer said. Special public prosecutor...
  • India: Police charge surviving Mumbai gunman

      AKI | 5 years ago
    Indian police on Wednesday charged the man identified as the sole surviving gunman from November's deadly assault on the Indian city of Mumbai. Mohammad Ajmal Amir Qasab, was charged with crimes ranging from murder to "waging war on India" in...
  • 26/11 chargesheet filed; Kasab, Lakhvi named

      Times of India | 5 years ago
    Three months after the unprecedented terror attack in Mumbai, a voluminous chargesheet was filed on Wednesday against about 20 people including the lone arrested gunman Mohammad Ajmal Amir Kasab for crimes ranging from murder to waging war against...
  • Mumbai attacks: Police file 11,000 page chargesheet

      Indian Express | 5 years ago
    The chargesheet which runs into nearly 11,000 pages names Lashkar-e-Toiba's Ajmal Amir Kasab, Fahim Ansari and Sabahuddin as the main accused and 35 others as wanted accused. The case will be tried by the Special Sessions Court set up inside the...
  • India officials file charges against Mumbai gunman

      Simi Valley - Moorpark Examiner | 5 years ago
    Investigators charged the lone surviving gunman from the Mumbai attacks with 12 crimes on Wednesday, including murder and waging war against India . Pakistani Mohammed Ajmal Kasab has been held by the police since he was captured in the early hours...
  • India officials file charges against Mumbai gunman

      Kansas City Star | 5 years ago
    MUMBAI, India Indian investigators have charged the lone surviving gunman from the Mumbai attacks with 12 crimes, including murder and waging war against India.Mohammed Ajmal Kasab has been held by the police since he was captured in the early hours...
  • India to reply to Pak's query on 26/11 after chargesheet: Govt

      Times of India | 5 years ago
    India will respond to Pakistan's questions on dossier after filing of chargesheet in Mumbai attack case, Home Minister P Chidambaram said. "After the chargesheet is filed, we will reply," Chidambaram told reporters outside Parliament on being asked...
  • India set to charge Mumbai attack suspect

      CNN | 5 years ago
    Indian authorities on Wednesday were expected to formally charge Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, the only surviving suspect from the terror attacks in Mumbai in November. The 21-year-old was one of 10 men accused of taking part in a series of coordinated...
  • Indian police to formally charge Mumbai attacks terror suspect

      Xinhuanet.com | 5 years ago
    India's Mumbai Police will file a 5,000-page charge sheet Wednesday against Mohammad Ajmal Amir alias Kasab, the lone surviving attacker in the Mumbai attacks last November.     Kasab, a member of the militant Lashkar-e-Taiba group allegedly based in...
  • 26/11: Pak's FIA interrogates two men

      Time of India | 5 years ago
    Pakistani investigators have questioned two men from Bahawalpur in Punjab province for their alleged links to Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist captured by India during the Mumbai attacks. A team from the Federal Investigation Agency, the...
  • Mumbai gunman charged today

      Times Online | 5 years ago
    The sole gunman captured alive during the terrorist attacks on Mumbai that claimed more than 170 lives in November will be formerly charged today, according to police. The document listing the crimes of which Mohammad Amir Ajmal Kasab, a Pakistani...
  • Indian police to charge Mumbai attacks gunman

      Channel NewsAsia | 5 years ago
    The sole surviving gunman involved in last year's devastating Mumbai attacks will be charged with murder and terrorism by Indian police on Wednesday. Pakistani national Mohammed Ajmal Amir Iman – also known as Kasab – was the only member of the...
  • World should facilitate resolution of Kashmir dispute, says Wajid

      The News | 5 years ago
    Pakistan's envoy to the UK Wajid Shamsul Hasan has impressed on the international community to facilitate the resolution of the Kashmir dispute, adding that the Mumbai incident has cost the peace process with India dearly. Peace not Warí organised by...
  • Here are Pakistan's 30 questions for India

      Daily News & Analysis | 5 years ago
    The replies will be contained in the charge-sheet Mumbai police will file against Mohammad Ajmal Amin Kasab by Friday. Apart from the 30 questions, there is annexure B, which many in India would regard as "mischievous" and a desire by Pakistan to...
  • Pakistan's 30 queries on Mumbai attack dossier

      The Hindustan Times | 5 years ago
    Although the Pakistani authorities have registered two FIRs against Lashkar-e-Tayyeba operatives for being involved in the November 26, 2008 attacks in Mumbai, its Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has come up with a list of 30 queries — which HT...
  • Italy: Pakistani leader says 'no surprise' in link to terror attacks

      AKI | 5 years ago
    A Pakistani community leader said on Tuesday he was not surprised to hear of a link between Pakistani immigrants in Italy and the deadly Mumbai terrorist attacks. Ejaz Ahmad, spoke to Adnkronos International (AKI), after media reports alleged that a...
  • Italy: Pakistani money agent denies link to Mumbai attacks

      AKI | 5 years ago
    A Pakistani money transfer agent in the northern Italian city of Brescia has denied any involvement in the Mumbai terror attacks which killed 173 people last November. Mohammed Yaqub Janjua is the owner of the Madina Trading telephone centre and...
  • Mumbai attackers' phones traced to Italy, US - report

      Gulf News | 5 years ago
    Iqbal, a former resident of Barcelona, has been arrested in Pakistan and Italian authorities were attempting to understand how he arrived in Brescia and whether he had support from anyone there. The cell phones were activated in the United States by...
  • The amazing anti-India syllabus of Pak madrassas

      India Abroad | 5 years ago
    In the 1965 war, Pakistan conquered several areas of India and staring at a certain defeat, New Delhi [ Images ] requested the United Nations to arrange for a ceasefire. During the 1971 war, the Pakistan Army [ Images ] demonstrated great courage...
  • Pak 'forced' to sign peace deal due to 'failure' to quell Swat terror ...

      NewKerala | 5 years ago
    General Athar Abbas, said that the authorities were not successful in curbing the rising insurgency in the region because the militants regularly obtained financial support from some nefarious sources. "The state machinery including police, civil...
  • Pakistan seeks audio recordings of terror 'handlers'

      The Hindustan Times | 5 years ago
    Pakistan has sought details like the numbers stored in the memory of these phones and numbers that were called. It has also sought any photographs or audio recordings stored on the cellular phones. In the case of Kasab, Pakistan has asked for an "...
  • Pakistan's slump creates security risks

      USA Today | 5 years ago
    Police had stopped hundreds of jobless Pakistanis from marching on the offices of the Faisalabad electric company, which they blamed for daily power outages...They hurled rocks through the windows and stormed the place, beating anyone who tried to...


Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.