People have certainly formed their opinions on ABC's “The Bachelor 2014” duo Juan Pablo Galavis and Nikki Ferrell. Though the two did not do the typical media blitz of talk shows this week, they did talk with People and the big issue will be on stands Friday. Galavis thinks he was misunderstood, and fans will be curious to hear other tidbits from the interview.
The highlights from Juan Pablo and Nikki include:
- Juan Pablo had picked out a ring, a 3.5-carat Neil Lane cushion-cut gem. Since he didn't propose, production still has it.
- Galavis says that while it was fun doing the show, “it wasn't fun waiting, and it wasn't fun watching.” He says he “lived a good experience, but didn't always see a good experience.”
- Nikki and Juan Pablo didn't watch the show together, and Ferrell really only watched the parts she was in.
- The “Women Tell All” was rough, and Nikki is definitely taking her beau's side. She says, “Some things just didn't need to be talked about. Sour grapes.”
- Juan Pablo still bristles at the talk of his homophobic comments. He says, “I respect everybody the way that they are.” He adds that he feels misunderstood, and he feels that the person people see on TV is not the real him.
- What about the ongoing frustration by many that Juan Pablo Galavis is rude? He says, “Sometimes people say I'm rude, but it's just because I'm very honest.” Some would say he also seems to be stubborn and unable to see things from other viewpoints, perhaps.
- Nikki says that things just work between them and that they understand each other.
- As for Clare's goodbye, Juan says that he gets that she expected him to propose, but he thinks her firing back at him was “childish.”
- Regarding that farewell Juan Pablo adds, “She disappointed me. Like with Andi, we don't have to talk about what happened or didn't happen. Just go.”
- Ferrell says she'd have accepted a proposal, but she wants him to propose when he's ready.
- Nikki adds that a ring on her finger wouldn't stop them from breaking up if they aren't right for each other. Rather, it would just take away being engaged for the first time from both of them.
- Juan Pablo and Nikki say they talk every day. While they have had disagreements, they communicate and so far, at least she's not open to walking away.
- When asked if Nikki is still friends with Andi, she says they are, and Andi will be at her wedding.
- Juan Pablo says he'll think about a friendship with Andi, and as for the wedding invite, he tells Nikki, “Then you'll marry another guy! [Laughs]”
- Galavis confirms that the plan had been for them to move to Los Angeles, but “it broke down.” They don't have a plan now in terms of anyone moving, but they say they'll figure out what works for them and their families.
For now they say an engagement is “not in front of us right now,” and it's clear they will take things slowly. Galavis says he wants to get married, have two more kids and never have a divorce. He says, “I want to make sure I pick the right person I hope [it's Nikki]. If you behave. [Laughs].
At least for now, Nikki Ferrell seems to be happy with the state of things with her "The Bachelor" beau, even if fans are leery. Will Juan Pablo Galavis and Nikki make their relationship work? “The Bachelor 2014” fans will definitely be watching to see what happens next with these two.
Follow Stacy Carey on Google+