49 reports from concerned citizens in different towns of Eastern Samar have been received and posted in a website Who's talking in Eastern Samar about a wildfire or forest fire now currently raging in their vicinity.
The reports said the wildfire has been going on and spreading for the 5th day today. A concerned texter mrahc.ykcut said the bushfire is in Balangiga, Giporlos and McArthur, with its exact location in between Sta. Rosa and Balangiga, Bantayao areas.
NarsAbby: RT @whatwouldjjddo: estimates that the fire has now covered more or less 50 hectares.
From Teacher Ruth Basilides: texted: “Visible smoke coming from the forest fire, viewed at the back of my classroom here at Cag-olango Elementary School.” Cag-olango is in Balangiga, Eastern Samar.
Hazel Alba : Elma Gacho Greenwood, Emergency Alert, Wildfires in Eastern Samar: Tacloban DYVL radio now encouraging to do bayanihan in controlling the fires and not wait for the government. Residents nearby are advised to evacuate, via Fr, Neil Gavan Tenefrancia.
Elma Gacho Greenwood : Update possible help for Eastern Samar wildfires
From Grace V. Sudario & Olive Tiu: "ON the forest fire in Samar, the Tactical Operations Group of the Philippine Air Force head in Tacloban, texted just now to say that he will deploy 1 helicopter with firefighting capability to the area tomorrow.”
Elma Gacho Greenwood : Advisory from Sta Rosa, Balangiga, Eastern Samar: Don't worry and don't panic. Houses are far from the forest fire The problem though is that all the forest left by Typhoon Yolanda [Haiyan] are all gone. No more resources left to help rebuild homes, churches and schools. It's ok as long as everyone is safe. God will provide Original message in dialect from Jenny Lou Calisay-Catalogo
Rica Baliber : http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/region
Mercy Casiroman Phillips : Elma Gacho Greenwood UPDATES --- WILDFIRES IN BALANGIGA, EASTERN SAMAR
February 21, 2014, 12:00 P.M., local time. (5th day)
1. DILG E. Samar, BFP & Balangiga PNP will update us soon about the latest situation in Balangiga. Please stay in touch. --- ALSO,
I SUGGEST YOU CHECK Fr. Neil Gavan Tenefrancia's FB @ https://www.facebook.com/ngtenefrancia?f
2. The FIRE IS GOING NORTH of STA. ROSA... and to PAMUNLARAN areas (where that damaged bridge is)
3. Forest fires are around 2.5kms from TESDA school in poblacion, no burning houses yet. At Brgy. Sta. Rosa, fire is approx 1.5kms from the elementary school.
4. FOLKS CAN STILL SEE SMOKES from PANGI, LAWAAN, EASTERN SAMAR (Pangi wildfire started 5 days ago) and STILL CAN BE SEEN FIRES at BRGY. BIGA, GIPORLOS.
5. ONE FIRE TRUCK ON STANDBY just in case the fire reach residential areas in BALANGIGA.
6. SMOKES & ASHES are ALREADY IN TOWN - NEED TO EVACUATE for HEALTH REASONS ASAP!!!
7. EXACT LOCATIONS: (verified)
- MANLARA just above BNAS - NEAR GLOBE TOWER and RESERVOIR
- upper STA. ROSA, BALANGIGA
- BANTAYAO area, BALANGIGA
- Brgy. Biga, GIPORLOS
- CANSUMANGKAY area, BALANGIGA
8. IN CANSUMANGKAY - NO SMOKE can be seen in the forest.
9. PEOPLE ARE ALL ALERT AND READY TO FLEE... SOME ARE WAITING --- BAYANIHAN STYLE TO TRY TO PREVENT THE FIRE FROM COMING INTO TOWN...
10. The fires are from MARABUT, SAMAR to GEN. MaCARTHUR, EASTERN SAMAR AREAS
Please continue to PRAY for the safety of our people in Eastern Samar.
4 hours ago - View -