Kim Jong Un approves plan to prepare standby rockets to hit US, South Korea
Linkedin

Kim Jong Un approves plan to prepare standby rockets to hit US, South Korea

Pyŏngyang : North Korea | Mar 29, 2013 at 7:17 AM PDT
XX XX
Views: Pending
 
CNN: U.S. Lowers Threshold For Going To WAR With North Korea

North Korea’s young leader, Kim Jong Un, has ordered his armed forces to prepare standby rockets to target the United States and South Korea. The move came in the aftermath of US stealth bombers’ practice mission over South Korea.

South Korean authorities said Pyongyang’s announcement could be an indication of either arrangements for missile tests or just more fiery rhetoric.

Kim reportedly approved the order during an emergency get-together with military officials early Friday. The order seems to be a reproduction of the move Tuesday when Pyongyang’s top armed authority ordered all its missile and artillery divisions to get ready to hit the US and South Korea in retribution to their joint military drills.

According to the North’s state-controlled KCNA news agency, Kim Jong Un "said he has judged the time has come to settle accounts with the US imperialists in view of the prevailing situation.”

Reports suggest that the North aims to hit US targets, including US military facilities in South Korea and the Pacific. KCNA also issued photos of the North’s leader and his key military leaders grouped in front of a map apparently displaying attack possibilities on the US coasts.

North Korea has missiles that could without difficulty cause bloodbath in Seoul, but its longer-rage rockets, which Pyongyang claims can hit US Pacific bases, are unverified and security experts are cynical of the threats.

"If they make a reckless provocation with huge strategic forces, (we) should mercilessly strike the U.S. mainland, their stronghold, their military bases in the operational theaters in the Pacific, including Hawaii and Guam, and those in South Korea," KCNA reported, according to CNN.

Some South Korean news outlets have claimed that vehicle and troop movements have shot up at North Korean missile sites lately. The South’s national news agency, Yonhap, quoted an unnamed military source as saying that the North had been sending vehicles to Tongchang-ri, which is located in close proximity to the North Korea’s western border with China. Tongchang-ri is the place where Pyongyang’s Unha-3 rocket blasted off in December.

Meanwhile it has been learned that US and South Korean defense experts are continuously and closely watching any movements of Pyongyang’s missiles and artilleries.

1 of 21
Next
This photo released by North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on October 10 shows Kim Jong-Un (R)
This photo released by North Korea's official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on October 10 shows Kim Jong-Un (R)
Kamran Ahmed is based in Seattle, Washington, United States of America, and is an Anchor on Allvoices.
Report Credibility
 
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
 
 
 
Advertisement
 

News Stories

 
  • North Korea ?readies missiles? as tensions rise

      The Hindu
    North Korea has said it had placed its missiles on standby" and warned it could strike American bases in South Korea and in the Pacific, in retaliation to the U.S. dispatching bombers to carry out flights over the Korean peninsula as part of a recent...
  • Plotting To Destroy America? There's An App For That Or At Least There's An ...

      International Business Times
    Kim Jong Un orders his strategic rocket forces to be on standby to strike U.S. and South Korean targets The series of photographs, taken in a military command center, show the North Korean leader surrounded by generals as he signs an order to put...
  • At state of war, says North Korea

      The Hindu
    North Korea on Saturday said its relations with South Korea had entered into a state of war and warned of taking action as its neighbour continues with ongoing joint military drills with the United States. The North, which has in recent days...
  • North Korea says enters 'state of war' against South

      Daily News & Analysis
    North Korea said on Saturday it was entering a "state of war" with South Korea, its latest bout of angry rhetoric directed at Seoul and Washington, but the South brushed off the statement as little more than tough talk. The North also threatened to...
  • US takes North Korea threats seriously

      NewKerala
    We take these threats seriously and remain in close contact with our South Korean allies," said Caitlin Hayden, spokeswoman for the White House National Security Council. "But, we would also note that North Korea has a long history of bellicose...
  • U.S. sends F-22 jets to join South Korea drills amid threats from North

      The Globe & Mail
    Video Video Video [North Korea] will achieve nothing by threats or provocations, which will only further isolate North Korea and undermine international efforts to ensure peace and stability in Northeast Asia, the statement said. Sabre-rattling on...

Images

 >
 

More From Allvoices

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report



Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.