The 2013 NCAA Men's Basketball tournament hold on to it's madness after the three elimination rounds. Few brutal upsets were recorded that did the damaged all NCAA brackets.
Georgetown Hoyas lead the eight teams from the Associated Press top 25 ranked teams in the post season that were wiped out in the second round 64-teams elimination. Kansas State, Wisconsin, UCLA, Notre Dame, New Mexico, Pittsburgh and Oklahoma State completes the seven more teams that were gone.
In the third round, AP top seed Gonzaga fall from the top 16 teams in the country along with (13)Saint Louis, (22)Creighton and (19)Memphis. With that said 13 AP ranked teams dominates the 'Sweet 16' of March Madness that will commence on Thursday though the weekend's Final Four.
There's a reason the Cardinals are the overall No. 1 seed. Louisville demolishing No.8 Colorado State is just brutal enough that anyone who has to face the Cardinals over the next two weeks would be scared. That is why Louisville is the outright AP Poll No.1 after Gonzaga lost to unknown Wichita State. (Many thought Wichita is from Alaska.) Louisville (31-5) will play No. 12 Oregon on March Madness Sweet 16 on Friday in Indianapolis. Oregon Ducks was ranked at No.25 defeated two AP Poll ranked teams No.17 Oklahoma State and No.13 Saint Louis.
Louisville, Kansas and Indiana are the only top seeds in the four regions that survive after the vicious third round. Indiana survived against Temple on Sunday and now has its sights set on a sixth national title, will play No. 4 seed Syracuse in the regional semifinals on Thursday in Washington.
Cinderella watch teams that made it to top 16 in the ranking are Wichita State, Florida Gulf Coast (FGCU) and La Salle. FGCU Eagles might be the next cinderella story of this year's March Madness when they defeated top ranked teams Georgetown and San Diego State in the elimination round.
Check the College Basketball Power Rankings on top 32 teams in the country after the third round of 2013 March Madness elimination.
1. (2)Louisville 29 - 5, The Cardinals beat North Carolina A&T and Colorado State in the second and third round of March Madness respectively
2. (3)Kansas - Jayhawks beat W Kentucky and North Carolina to advance the March Madness Sweet 16.
3. (4)Indiana 27-6, The Hossiers beatand Temple in the second and third round.
4. (5)Miami (FL) - Hurricanes beat Pacific and Illinois
5. (6)Duke - Blue Devils beat Albany and Creighton
6. (7)Ohio State - Buckeyes beat Iona and Iowa State and advance the NCAA Sweet 16
7. (9)Michigan State - Spartans beat Valparaiso and Memphis to advance
8. (10)Michigan - Wolverines beat SDSU and VCU to advance
9. (25)Oregon - AP Poll ranked No.25 Ducks beat two AP Poll ranked teams No.17 Oklahoma State and No.13 Saint Louis
10. (16)Syracuse - Orange beat Montana and California in the NCAA second and third round
11. (15)Marquette - beat Davidson and Butler to advance the Sweet 16
12. (14)Florida - Gators beat Northwestern State and Minnesota
13. (21)Arizona - Wildcats beat Belmont and Harvard
14. Wichita State - Shockers beat AP poll ranked Pittsburgh and top seed Gonzaga
15. Florida Gulf Coast (FGCU) - Cinderella watch! Eagles beat Georgetown and San Diego Sate to reach NCAA Sweet 16
16. La Salle - Explorers beat AP ranked Kansas State and Ole Miss
17. (1)Gonzaga - won over Southern but lost Wichita State
18. (13)Saint Louis
21. Virginia Commonwealth
22. North Carolina
25. Colorado State
26. Iowa State
31. San Diego St