Ateneo de Manila University ruled the bar exams for the third straight year, occupying 6 of the top 10 places graduating from its law school.
University of the Philippines shared the limelight with 4 other topnotchers, and Aquinas University contributed 1.
List of topnotchers:
1. Ignatius Michael D. Ingles - - - Ateneo, 85.64%
2. Catherine Beatrice O. King Kay – Ateneo, 84.72%
3. April Carmela B. Lacson - - - UP, 84.48%
4. Xavier Jesus D. Romualdo - - - Ateneo, 84.10%
5. Maria Graciela D. Base - - - UP, 83.99%
Jose Maria Angel P. Machuca - Ateneo, 83.99%
6. Patrick Henry D. Salazar - - - UP, 83.71%
7. Ralph Karlo B. Barcelona - - - Aquinas, 83.43%
8. Marvyn S. Llamas - - - - - - - Ateneo, 83.29%
9. Carlo Martin C. Li - - - - - - - Ateneo, 83.27%
10. Francis Paolo P. Tiopanco - - UP, 83.25%
Lowest number of passers for the last 13 years.
Passing grade was 70%.
Associate Justice Martin Villarama Jr., who chaired the 2012 committee on the bar exams, said the Supreme Court in a special en banc meeting decided to lower the passing grade from 75 to 70 percent.
Of 5,343 examinees, 949 successfully hurdled, 4,394 flunked.
For complete list of passers and more, click here.