BBC incite religious hatred against Buddhists
Linkedin

BBC incite religious hatred against Buddhists

Colombo : Sri Lanka | Feb 20, 2013 at 1:26 PM PST
XX XX
Views: Pending
 
Sri Lankan Buddhist monks stage a protest rally outside the Bangladesh High Commission in Colombo
Glen Jenvey London The BBC has had a number complaints made against their reporting on Sri Lankan Buddhists and Monks ,The BBC called Buddhists and monks hardline Sinhalese Buddhist claiming they said hundreds of monks were ready to fight. "Our country is a Sinhalese one and we are its unofficial police," claimed the BBC. In short the BBC are claiming that 10% of the population which is muslim should force islamic-blessed meat and other halal foods on the rest of the 90% of Sri Lanka's population which do not follow the islamic faith . A facebook group has started up called (SayNoToHalaal) https://www.facebook.com/SayNoToHalaal in Sri Lanka over the outrage of feeding meat to Buddhists,Hindus and Christians that is blessed in the name of Allah! Buddhists respect other faiths, in the same way other faiths should respect Sri Lankan Buddhist Sinhalese population who are taught tolerance .But the Sinhalese population can not be walked on by Muslims and multinational companies and like european groups Buddhists are demanding a stop to religiously blessed halal meat being forced on shoppers.The Asian Tribune where the first to report on the problem( british-logo-goes-islamic) http://www.asiantribune.com/news/2012/07/23/british-logo-goes-islamic and a european group has come out in support of Sri Lanka (BOYCOTTxHALAL ) https://www.facebook.com/BOYCOTTxHALAL Its a question of whether its allowed for a Christian,Buddhist,Hindu to eat food blessed by a faith that they do not follow, this is not a question of respect of a faith a case of when in ‘’Sri Lanka do as a Sri Lankan’’ its a Sinhalese country like the UK is Christian.
1 of 7
Next
SAY NO TO HALAAL
SAY NO TO HALAAL!
GlennMiller is based in London, England, United Kingdom, and is a Stringer for Allvoices.
Report Credibility
 
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
 
 
 
Advertisement
 

News Stories

 

Blogs

 >

Images

 >
 

More From Allvoices

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report



Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.