Report Internet Fraud

Report Internet Fraud

Karāchi : Pakistan | Feb 18, 2013 at 4:51 AM PST
Views: Pending

If you have lost money to a fraud or scam on the Internet, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to recover any money lost. However, it is important that you report the fraud or scam to the authorities in an attempt to shut the scam down.

Bank Account or Credit Card Fraud:

If you have lost money due to fraudulent transactions on your bank account or credit card, you must notify the institution immediately. In most cases, your limit of liability will be $50, however, if you report unauthorized transactions to them immediately, they will generally waive the $50.

Nigerian 419 Letter Scams:

The U.S. Secret Service has instructed anyone in the US who has lost funds because of this scam to forward appropriate written documentation to:

U.S. Secret Service
Financial Crimes Division
950 H Street, NW,
Washington, DC 20001.
(202) 406-5850
Or send e-mail to

All other Internet Scams where you have lost money:

All other Internet Scams where you have lost money should be reported to the FTC's initiative, a joint project of consumer protection agencies from 17 nations.

Visit this site for information on complaint procedures and information on the possibility of resolving complaints.

- Where to report it

Please forward all Internet Fraud Scams to FraudWatch International's Investigation

Nasira is based in Karāchi, Sind, Pakistan, and is a Stringer on Allvoices.
Report Credibility
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear

More From Allvoices

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report

Most Commented Reports

Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.