The number of victims of a fire at a nightclub in the south of Brazil has increased to 235.On Tuesday, one of the victims had died, who was taken to a hospital in Porto Alegre with severe burns. In addition, to identify the bodies of the three victims, which was not previously presumed dead.
A fire at a nightclub Kiss in Santa Maria came in on Sunday night during the concert, which was attended by at least a thousand people - mostly students at the local university. In the basic version, the reason is the use of fireworks by the musicians.Police detained the two owners and two institutions of musicians Gurizada Fandangueira. Among those killed in the tragedy - one of the band members.
On the day of the fire the night club was packed - the documents it was designed for 690 visitors. Musicians performing on stage, used cheap fireworks, designed for outdoor use. In this case, the club could not be used at all the pyrotechnics, as the ceiling was decorated with a fire hazard soundproof material.
On the walls of the interior of the club was no emergency exit lights, and when the room was shrouded in toxic smoke, many visitors have rushed to the toilets, as illuminated signs were only there. Despite the fact that surveillance cameras were installed, is not surveyed for more than two months. In addition, the club operated without a license at all fire services - it expired in August last year.
Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, who announced on the eve of a three-day mourning in the country, said that the government would do everything possible to ensure that such tragedies are not repeated. Chamber of Deputies of the Brazilian parliament is going to create a commission to investigate the tragedy.