No team is perfect in College Basketball week 10 as three undefeated teams screwed up. That proves every team has flaws as No.1 Blue Devils gave in their first loss 84-76 against N.C. State on Saturday.
After Duke loss, the Wolverines were in prime position to grab the No. 1 AP ranking for the first time since November 1992. Instead, they went home also with their first loss 56-53 to Ohio State on Sunday also depriving them of the best start in school history.
The last undefeated team in the ranking who handed it's first loss is No. 4 Arizona at the hands of Oregon Ducks in 70-66 upset on Thursday night.
Check the AP Top 25 Rankings Week 11 with updated division standings win and loss record. (Check the latest AP Top 25 below)
1. Duke 15-1 (2-1), 3rd Atlantic Coast - Blue Devils had no answer for CJ Leslie and Richard Howell as No.20 N.C. State stunned the Blue Devils 84-76 on Saturday. Duke was without starting forward Ryan Kelly, who is out indefinitely with a right foot injury. Although Duke beat Clemson 68-40 on Tuesday night that leaves 1-1 record for the week. Duke will drop from top of the AP Poll week 11 ranking but we don't know yet for how deep until fresh AP ranking will be available earlier today Monday.
2. Michigan 16-1 (3-1), 3rd Big Ten - After Saturday's Duke loss, No. 2 Michigan is 16-0 is heading into their first No. 1 ranking in more than 20 years as nation's last unbeaten team but their 56-53 loss to No. 15 Ohio State on Sunday shattered them all. Trey Burke's stepback jumper with 17 seconds went down the rim then circled out. Wolverines beat Nebraska 62-47 on Wednesday to end 1-1 for the week. Michigan AP Poll week 11 ranking surely dips them when the result is in later.
3. Louisville 15-1 (3-0), 1st Big East - Cardinals beat Seton Hall 73-58 last Wednesday and easily wins against South Florida on Saturday. Louisville is probable to be voted on top of AP Poll ranking.
4. Arizona 15-1 (3-1), 4th Pac-12 - Oregon hands No. 4 Arizona first loss 70-66 in Week 10 but bounce back to defeat Oregon State 80-70 on Saturday.
5. Indiana 15-1 (3-0), 1st Big Ten - Hoosiers beat Penn St. 74-51 on Monday and pulled a win against Minnesota on Saturday 88-81 with win
6. Kansas 14-1 (2-0), 1st Big 12 Jayhawks beat Iowa St. 97-89 on Wednesday and rout Texas Tech on Saturday
7. Syracuse 16-1 (4-0), 1st Big East - Orange got two wins this week against Providence and Villanova
8. Minnesota 15-2 (3-1), 3rd Big Ten Golden Gophers win on Wed, Jan 9 against No.12 Illinois 84-67 but lost to No.5 Indiana 81-88
9. Gonzaga 16-1 (3-0), 1st West Coast - Kelly Olynyk scored 31 points and the Bulldogs held off a furious comeback by Saint Mary's to win 83-78 on Thursday night
10. Missouri 12-3 (1-1), 6th Southeastern - Tigers wins against Alabama but lost to Mississippi 49-64 Saturday
11. Florida 12-2 (2-0), 1st Southeastern Gators got two wins this week against Georgia and LSU
12. Illinois 14-4 (1-3), 8th Big Ten - Fighting Illini lost twice to No.8 Minnesota and Wisconsin. AP poll ranking expected to drop them farther.
13. Creighton 16-1 (5-0), 1st Missouri Valley - Bluejays wins against Drake and Missouri State.
14. Butler 14-2 (2-0), 1st Atlantic 10 - Bulldogs wins against St. Joseph's and Dayton
15. Ohio State 13-3 (3-1), 3rd Big Ten - The 15th-ranked Ohio State pulled a 56-53 upset against No.2 Wolverines on Sunday and denying Michigan the No. 1 AP Poll spot in the country. Buckeyes also beat Purdue 74-64 on Tuesday. Deshaun Thomas, led the Buckeyes with 20 points.
16. San Diego State 14-2 (2-0), 1st Mountain West - Aztecs beat Fresno State and Colorado State this week
17. Notre Dame 14-2 (2-1), 4th Big East - Fighting Irish beat No. 14 Cincinnati but lost to Connecticut on Saturday
18. Kansas State 13-2 (2-0), 1st Big 12 - Wildcats' 65-64 win over West Virginia on Saturday.
19. Georgetown 11-3 (1-2), 9th Big East - Hoyas lost to Pittsburgh and win against St. John
20. North Carolina State 14-2 (3-0) Atlantic Coast Conference Leslie scored 25 points, including six straight during a key second-half run, to help N.C. State beat the Blue Devils 84-76 on Saturday.
21. Cincinnati 14-3 (2-2), 7th Big East - Bearcats lost to Notre Dame 60-66 but wins at Rutgers 68-58
22. Michigan State 14-3 (3-1), 3rd Big Ten Spartans wins two against Iowa and Nebraska on Sunday
23. Wichita State 15-2 (4-1), 2nd Missouri Valley - Shockers win over Southern Ill. but lost to Evansville
24. UNLV 14-3 (1-1), 4th Mountain West - Rebels lost to New Mexico baut win against Air Force
25. New Mexico 15-2 (2-0), 1st Mountain West - Lobos wins twice against (24) UNLV and Fresno State
AP POLL TOP 25 Week 111 Louisville 2 Indiana 3 Duke 4 Kansas 5 Michigan 6 Syracuse 7 Arizona 8 Gonzaga 9 Minnesota 10 Florida 11 Ohio State 12 Creighton 13 Butler 14 North Carolina State 15 San Diego State 16 Kansas State 17 Missouri 18 Michigan State 19 New Mexico 20 Notre Dame 21 Oregon 22 Virginia Commonwealth 23 Illinois 24 UCLA 25 Marquette