Cheryl Maddison faces man, who raped and stabbed her, after four years of attack

Cheryl Maddison faces man, who raped and stabbed her, after four years of attack

Boston : MA : USA | Jan 08, 2013 at 8:48 AM PST
Views: Pending

Cheryl Maddison, a 25-year-old British model, who was raped and assaulted on a Spanish holiday island four years back, faced her attacker for the first time in court on Tuesday.

Cheryl was reportedly stabbed in the chest and neck by a waiter and was left to die in a pool of her blood in 2008. She was targeted just a week after she moved to Magaluf from her hometown of Houghton Le Spring, Co Durham, to start a new job.

According to the Daily Mail, Cheryl said the attacker only stopped when she played dead to save her life. She had suffered terrible injuries by that time.

The model, in a rare act of bravery, came face to face with her attacker in court of capital Palma of Majorca. She was wearing black jeans and an ivory blazer as she confidently walked in to watch the proceedings of the case.

On the other hand, the accused Mohamed Fadel El Anssari, who is a 31-year-old waiter from Morocco, sat in one corner with his head bent down with shame and guilt.

The accused rapist had already admitted to the heinous crime in 2008, claiming that he was drunk and under influence of drugs at that time.

The brave young woman had waived her right to anonymity and decided to speak out about her terrible ordeal. She had told reporters, “I was convinced I was going to die - he was so violent and angry, I never thought I’d get out alive.”

Cheryl also revealed that she fought with him and resisted the attack, but he was strong and made her helpless. She said, “I was fighting back, scratching his face and calling for help. But he pressed his thumbs on my windpipe until I passed out.”

Giving a detailed account of her frightening experience, she said, “When I woke up I was on the floor. I stood up and my feet were slipping and I looked down and it was blood. That is when I realized he had stabbed me in the chest.”

Cheryl further said that soon she realized that the assault would not end and pretended to be dead and that is how she saved her life.

She said, “He kept on punching me in the back. I was crying and shouting and making quite a lot of noise and that is when he stabbed me in the neck. That’s when I realized I had to play dead. If I hadn’t done that he would have kept going until I was dead.”

Michelle Lincaster is based in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America, and is a Reporter on Allvoices.
Report Credibility
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear

News Stories


More From Allvoices

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report

Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.