College Basketball limited schedules during the holidays prompted at least one game in week 8 while few other teams on their bye week. Nevertheless the AP College Basketball Poll standings on Week 9 continues with five teams lost during the week.
Duke should still be No.1 up to No. 6 Kansas in the AP ranking with their wins. N0. 2 Michigan, No.3 Arizona, No. 4 Louisville and No. 5 Indiana also registered win in week 8. But No. 7 Missouri lost to UCLA could slip their ranking on week 9.
No. 8 Cincinnati also recorded it's first loss by New Mexico's 55-54 upset while No. 17 San Diego State lost to No. 3 Arizona.
The AP College Basketball Poll Week 9 ranking will be available shortly but check below for ranking updates with their win/loss record.
1. Duke 12-0, Seth Curry scored 12 of his season-high 31 points during the late run that helped No. 1 Duke pull away for a 90-77 victory over pesky Santa Clara on Saturday.
2. Michigan 13-0 Glenn Robinson III, Nik Stauskas and Caris LeVert combined for 48 points, 12 rebounds and eight assists as the No. 2 Wolverines moved to 13-0 with a 88-73 victory.
3. Arizona 12-0blocked a layup by Chase Tapley in the closing seconds as No. 3 Arizona rallied from an eight-point deficit in the second half and remained undefeated with a 68-67 win over No. 17 San Diego State on Tuesday night.
4. Louisville 12-1 Russ Smith scored 21 points and Chane Behanan had 20 and No. 4 Louisville ended a four-game losing streak against rival Kentucky with an up-and-down 80-77 victory on Saturday.
5. Indiana 12-1 Jordan Hulls scored 17 of his season-high 20 points in the first half, leading No. 5 Indiana past Jacksonville 93-59 on Friday night.
6. Kansas 11-1 Travis Releford scored 19 points and No. 6 Kansas hit a scorching 13 of its first 18 3-point attempts, rolling to an 89-57 victory overon Saturday night.
7. Missouri 10-2 Shabazz Muhammed sinks the go-ahead 3-pointer along with a career-high 27 points, lifting UCLA to 97-94 win over Missouri.
8. Cincinnati 12-1 Alex Kirk scored 15 points and blocked Sean Kilpatrick's shot just before the buzzer Thursday night, preserving New Mexico's 55-54 win that handed No. 8 Cincinnati its first loss.
9. Syracuse 11-1 C.J. Fair scored 13 points, Trevor Cooney added 12, all in the second half to key a late surge, and No. 9 Syracuse beat Alcorn State 57-36 on Saturday night in the final game of the Gotham Classic.
10. Ohio State 10-2 Deshaun Thomas scored 17 points and four others also hit double digits as the Buckeyes shot 57 percent from the field in an 87-44 victory over Chicago State on Saturday.
11. Minnesota 13-1 No game schedule on week 8
12. Illinois 12-1 Tracy Abrams scored a career-high 27 points to help Illinois hold off Auburn 81-79.
13. Gonzaga 12-1 Kevin Pangos made seven 3-pointers and scored 31 points to lead No. 13 Gonzaga past Baylor 94-87 on Friday night.
14. Florida 9-2 Kenny Boynton snapped a shooting slump Saturday with three 3-pointers in the second half, when No. 14 Florida pulled away to beat Air Force 78-61 in the second game of the Orange Bowl Basketball Classic.
15. Georgetown 10-1 No game schedule on week 8
16. Creighton 12-1 Avery Dingman had 14 of his career-high 21 points in the second half, and Doug McDermott overcame a slow start to score 16 in No. 17 Creighton's 71-54 victory over Tulsa on Wednesday night.
17. San Diego State 11-2 No. 3 Arizona improved to 12-0 with a 68-67 victory over No. 17 San Diego State to win the the Hawaiian Airlines Diamond Head Classic.
18. Butler 10-2 Rotnei Clarke hit six 3-pointers and finished with 22 points and the 18th-ranked Butler Bulldogs shook off a sluggish start and routed Vanderbilt 68-49 Saturday night for their seventh straight victory.
19. Michigan State 11-2 No game schedule on week 8
20. UNLV 11-2 P.J. Hairston scored 15 points in his first career start to help North Carolina beat No. 20 UNLV 79-73 on Saturday. AP ranking can slip out of top 25.
21. Notre Dame 12-1 No game schedule on week 8
22. Oklahoma State 10-1 No game schedule during the week
23. North Carolina State 10-2 C.J. Leslie scored 19 points to lead No. 23 North Carolina State to an 84-68 victory over Western Michigan on Saturday.
24. Pittsburgh 12-1 No game schedule on week 8
25. Kansas State 10-2 Rodney McGruder scored 17 points, Thomas Gipson had 13 points and six rebounds and No. 25 Kansas State struggled to a 52-44 victory over Missouri-Kansas City on Saturday night.