Olivier Martinez drops criminal charges against Gabriel Aubry
Linkedin

Olivier Martinez drops criminal charges against Gabriel Aubry

Los Angeles : CA : USA | Dec 03, 2012 at 10:29 AM PST
XX XX
Views: Pending
 

Olivier Martinez has decided not to pursue criminal charges against Gabriel Aubry, the fiancé of his ex-girlfriend, Halle Berry. According to reports, the French actor agreed to drop the charges against the model following their brawl after Berry and Aubry reached a settlement last week, including the condition that Olivier wouldn't take the matter any further.

Olivier Martinez told the Los Angeles Police Department he is ''no longer interested'' in pursuing criminal charges against Gabriel Aubry, who was involved in a Thanksgiving Day brawl with him last month. The fight started reportedly after the model returned his four-year-old daughter, Nahla, to the home she shares with Halle Berry and Olivier.

It has been claimed in Police reports that Gabriel Aubry was the one who attacked the 46-year-old actor outside his house and suffered extensive injuries as a result while Olivier only acted in self-defense.

A source revealed to RadarOnline, “Olivier informed the LAPD and the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office that he was no longer interested in pursuing criminal charges against Aubry.”

The insider continued, “The LAPD had turned the case over to the Attorney's Office to determine if any charges should be filed. However, since the complaining witness has subsequently indicated he doesn't want to proceed, it is likely the case is dead on arrival.”

“Aubry and Berry worked out a confidential settlement last week that included specific language about how none of the parties - Halle, Gabe or Olivier - would pursue criminal charges against the another. All sides managed to agree to satisfactory terms with the focus being on ending the mayhem for the sake of Halle and Gabriel's daughter Nahla,” the source added.

Meanwhile, Canadian model Gabriel Aubry has agreed to drop his bid for a permanent restraining order against the “Unfaithful” star. Confirming in a statement to E! News, Halle Berry’s lawyer, Blair Berk, said the three stars had come to an “amicable agreement” and that Nahla was the main priority.

The source continued, “Gabriel suffered horrific injuries from the fight, but as part of the settlement he reached with Halle on Thursday (29.12.12) he agreed to drop the bid for the permanent restraining order against Martinez.”

''Gabriel feels there are enough layers of protection in the settlement agreement that will protect him and Nahla,” the source added.

According to latest reports, the LAPD has turned the case over to the Attorney's Office to determine if any charges should be filed.

Michelle Lincaster is based in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America, and is a Reporter on Allvoices.
Report Credibility
 
  • Clear
  • Share:
  • Share
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
  • Clear
 
 
 
Advertisement
 

News Stories

 

More From Allvoices

Related People

Report Your News Got a similar story?
Add it to the network!

Or add related content to this report

Most Commented Reports



Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use Agreement and Privacy Policy.

© Allvoices, Inc. 2008-2014. All rights reserved. Powered by PulsePoint.