The NFL community is still devastated by the Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher tragedy. Belcher allegedly shot his girlfriend multiple times early Saturday at a residence, and then drove to the nearby Arrowhead practice facility and turned the gun on himself in front of coach and general manager Scott Pioli.
As much as players and football fans were excited about college football's BCS bowl pairings, all we can do is to offer our prayers for his family in light of this tragic situation. The day after the incident, the Chiefs stood together to play their finest game of the season, an inspired 27-21 victory over Carolina that ended their eight-game losing streak.
Elsewhere around the league, the quarterback crisis phenomenon just swarmed the NFL with Jets, Cardinals, Steelers, 49ers, Eagles shared the same troubles of quarterback situation.
In San Francisco, it appears 49ers coachis staying with despite his uneven performance against the St. Louis Rams.
In Pittsburgh, the third-string QBinduced life for the Steelers remain alive in the AFC North. While Ryan Lindley of Arizona was ineffective in his second NFL start as Cardinals went an abysmal 0 for 15 in third-down situations.
As it turns out, NFL Week 13 has a little margin for error for those teams jockeying for postseason spot or watch their playoff bubbles that soon about to burst. Additionally, here's the NFL Power Rankings Week 14.
1. Houston Texans 11-1 Texans now won six in a row and wrapped up by clinching a second straight postseason berth and setting a franchise record for wins in a season by beating the Tennessee Titans 24-10 on Sunday. Texans to test their grit when they visit another 6-0 streaker New England on week 14.
2. Atlanta Falcons 11-1 Playoff bound Falcons proved why they are undefeated 6-0 at home that even future Hall of Famergot humiliated by their defense. Falcons visits Carolina on week 14.
3. Patriots 9-3 The Patriots means business with their 6-0 win streak.had 12 receptions in the Patriots' win over the Dolphins. It's the 17th game of 10 or more receptions in Welker's career, putting him into a tie with atop the all-time list. However, he did it shorter in 136 games, compared to 285 for Rice. The Pats host Texans on week 14 marquee matchup. Ranking 5 to 3.
4. Denver Broncos 9-3 Seven straight wins, the Broncos clinch the AFC West on Sunday's win against Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Next step? AFC conference title. The Broncos has few days prep when they visit Oakland in Thursday night football. Ranking 7 to 4
5. Baltimore Ravens 9-3 isflawed? The Ravens could have clinched a playoff berth with a victory. Instead, Baltimore had its 15-game home winning streak snapped and also lost for the first time in 13 games against division foes old rival Pittsburgh. The Ravens visits Washington on Week 14. Ranking 5 to 4
6. Indianapolis Colts 8-4became the winningest rookie quarterback in leading the Colts their 8th win of the season. With four games left, he has a shot to break the rookie passing yards record, as well. The Colts to host Tennessee of week 14. Ranking 10 to 6
7. San Francisco 49ers 8-3-1 Second OT with the Rams. Jim Harbaugh stand by his new guy Colin Kaepernick after a tough loss in St. Louis. The "No Change at QB" is right decision? Some fans believe the sophomore coach has taken the, "heart and spirit out of the team". Frisco will host Miami on week 14. Ranking 3 to 7
8. Green Bay Packers 8-4 Green Bay share of the division lead with Chicago lost to Seattle in OT. The king of NFC North will be settles when Packers and Bears play at Soldier Field on Dec. 16. But before that Packers will host Detroit on week 14. Ranking 9 to 8
9. Chicago Bears 8-4 Jay Cutler's Bears now lost three in their last four games. With the lost at home against the Seahawks isn't a good sign at all at this time of the season. The Bears visit Minnesota on Week 14. Ranking 6 to 9
10. Seattle Seahawks 7-5 The former Wisconsin Badger now Seahawks QB Russell Wilson's name needs to be mentioned more on the discussion table up there with Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III. The Seahawks lead the NFC wild-card chase needs more of Wilson's late winning touchdowns. They will host Arizona on week 14.
11. New York Giants 7-5 The Giants clings on a narrow lead on the NFC East, after they lost to Redskins on Monday Night Football. There's no room for error this time as they host New Orleans on week 14 Ranking 9 to 11
12. Cincinnati Bengals 7-5 Bengals won four-game straight and remained tied with Pittsburgh in the race for the AFC's second wild-card berth. The Bengals will host Dallas on week 14.
13.Pittsburgh Steelers 7-5 You can question Steelers' 37-year-old third string QB Charlie Batch's arm strength, but you can't question his heart. Batch directed a 61-yard drive in the closing minutes enough for a field goal win to upset the Ravens. The Steleers will host San Diego at home on week 14. Ranking 14 to 12
14. Washington Redskins 6-6 Griffin flipped the switch on Monday Night Football instead on Eli Manning, Washington beat Philadelphia, then Dallas and now the 7-5 division-leading Giants. The division championship isn't out of the question for Washington now 6-6 with four games left.
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-6 The Bucs surprising playoff hope under first-year coach Greg Schiano is in reach as they are a game behind Seattle for the second NFC wild-card spot. But they can't continue to slide when they visit New Orleans on week 14 and Atlanta still to come.16. St. Louis Rams 5-6-1 Rams proved their defense remains one step ahead in overtime upset of 49ers. They take Colin Kaepernick out of the rythm by sacking him three times. Rams visits Buffalo on week 14. Ranking 21 to 16
17. Dallas Cowboys 6-6 Four starting defensive players on injured reserve but Dallas beat a division foe, but win over Philly didn't offer much confidence in the Cowboys' ability to reach the playoff. Cowboys to visit Cincinnati on week 14. Ranking 19 to 17
18. Minnesota Vikings 6-6 Another Adrian Peterson monster day with 210 yards but his effort is not the same page with Christian Ponder's two picks in the red zone.needs to return. Vikings to host Chicago on week 14. Ranking 16 to 18
19. New Orleans Saints 5-7 Atlanta ended Drew Brees' streak of consecutive games with a TD pass and probably ended the Saints' playoff hopes too. Saints visit New York Giants on week 14. Ranking 15 to 19
20. New York Jets 5-7 With Jet's fault of mis-usingwho fractured his ribs, Jets third string QB Greg McElroy took over. The former SEC standout at Alabama made no noise on NFL fields until picking his first game win on Sunday. He replaced Mark Sanchez who is guaranteed to make $8.25 million salary next season. Jets visit Jacksonville on week 14. Ranking 23 to 20
21. Miami Dolphins 5-7 The botched punt and roughing-the-punter penalty are few of the Dolphins many turnover and you can't win obviously against a good team like Patriots. The Dolphins visit San Francisco on week 14. Ranking 18 to 21
22. Buffalo Bills 5-7 The Bills won for only the third time in eight games to stay mathematically in playoff contention. Bills will host the Rams on week 14. Ranking 24 to 22
23. Detroit Lions 4-8 Ndamukong Suh, who was fined $30,000 for kicking Houston quarterback Matt Schaub isn't helping the Lions who have lost four straight. The Lions visits Green Bay on week 14. Ranking 20 23
24. San Diego Chargers 4-8 Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers has struggled to throw the ball effectively downfield this season and lossing their fourth straight game says it all. Chargers to visit Pittsburgh on week 14. Ranking 22 to 24
25. Cleveland Browns 4-8 Cleveland continues to build confidence with their first road victory at Oakland. They improved defensively of late and Brandon Weeden flashes one of his best games as a pro. Browns to host Kansas City on week 14. Ranking 27 to 25
26. Arizona Cardinals 4-8 Cardinals concern their already depleted offensive line, add the QB crisis as rookie Ryan Lindley went 0-for-15 on third-down conversions in a loss against Jets. Cardinals visits Seattle on week 14. Ranking 25 to 26
27. Tennessee Titans 4-8 The Titans debuted new offensive coordinator Dowell Loggains, greeted by his receivers who repeatedly dropped balls in losing their second straight. Titans visits the 5-1 at home Indianapolis on week 14. Ranking 26 to 27.
28. Carolina Panthers 3-9 Cam Newton and the Panthers were outplayed by the Chiefs' "inspired football" after the tragedy. Pathers to host Atlanta on week 14.
29. Oakland Raiders 3-9 The Raiders come out flat again and fell behind 13-3 against the Browns. Have they hit bottom yet? No, the Broncos visit to town Thursday.
30. Philadelphia Eagles 3-9 Eighth straight loss, and continue on course to be break the Eagles’ longest losing streak since they dropped 11 in a row during the 1970 season. By then 1st in 2013 NFL Draft would be an option. Eagles to visit Tampa Bay on week 13.
31. Kansas City Chiefs 2-10 Day after the linebacker Jovan Belcher killed his girlfriend and then turned the gun on himself, the Chiefs stood together to play their finest game of the season, an inspired 27-21 victory over the Carolina Panthers that ended an eight-game losing streak. The Chief's visit Cleveland on week 14. Ranking 32 to 31.
32.(31) Jacksonville Jaguars 2-10 Chad Henne is the lone quarterback hope for the Jaguars as they remain in jeopardy of their worst season in 18 years -- dating to their 4-12 finish in 1995, their first year in the NFL. Jaguars to host New York Jets on week 14. Ranking 31 to 32.