Comprehensive Program Puts a Green Focus on the Traditional Business Degree
Denver, Colorado, November 12, 2012 - Ecotech Institute, the first and only college focused entirely on preparing America’s workforce for careers in renewable energy and sustainability, is now taking applications for its new two-year Business Administration - Sustainability degree program. Unlike Ecotech’s other lab-centric offerings, this program is steeped in business education with a unique focus on sustainability. The program will launch in January 2013.
The Business Administration - Sustainability program provides students with knowledge and skills suitable for employment in a broad range of private and public sector organizations. Coursework includes accounting, financial analysis, human resources, project management, communications, customer service, sustainability, renewable energy and workplace ethics.
“There has been extensive research about the increasing importance of sustainability within organizations, and that requires business leaders who understand green technology, industry verbiage and implementation techniques,” says Michael Seifert, president of Ecotech Institute. “National industry leaders helped us develop curriculum that focuses on applying sustainability knowledge within a business environment; this program is designed to educate specialized graduates who will stand out.”
Upon successful completion of the Business Administration - Sustainability program, students will be prepared to:
* Understand the various components of contemporary business administration;
* Communicate effectively and in a manner appropriate for a business setting;
* Demonstrate practical proficiency in the use and application of current business hardware and software;
* Operate cutting-edge business technology;
* Utilize project management skills;
* Demonstrate an understanding of employment relationships;
* Understand and demonstrate good customer service skills;
* Understand the basic principles of finance and accounting.
Ecotech Institute’s website outlines each of its programs to help answer common questions such as, “Is this program right for me?”, “What will I learn?” and “Why Ecotech?” In addition to offering curriculum information, the site explains what to expect from the program, which skill sets are most desirable for this field of study, and what careers are available in cleantech industries. Learn more about the Business Administration – Sustainability degree program.
Ecotech Institute also offers the following six programs:
* Solar Energy Technology, Associate of Applied Science
* Wind Energy Technology, Associate of Applied Science
* Renewable Energy Technology, Associate of Applied Science
* Energy Efficiency Program, Associate of Applied Science
* Electrical Energy Technology, Associate of Applied Science
* Power Utility Technician, Associate of Applied Science
About Ecotech Institute:
Ecotech Institute is the first and only college entirely focused on preparing America’s workforce for careers in renewable energy and sustainability and is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges. Launched in April 2010 in Denver, Colorado, it offers seven highly practical renewable energy degree programs that provide graduates with skills valued by today’s alternative renewable energy employers. Classes start once per quarter and applications are always accepted. Financial assistance is available to those who qualify. Ecotech Institute is a division of Education Corporation of America. For more information about Ecotech Institute, visit ecotechinstitute.com or call 877-326-5576.
Communications Strategy Group
3225 East 2nd Avenue
Denver, CO 80206