The 2012 NBA season is young, but it's already flagged with out-of-the-chart move that resulted to wild firing of a coach. The Los Angeles Lakers fired Mike Brown just five games into their 82-game regular season after the management freaks out of Lakers 1-4 start. In a surprising turnabout, the Los Angeles Lakers hired Mike D'Antoni as coach late Sunday, passing on reunion with Phil Jackson.
NBA Week 2 is filled with surprises as Memphis Grizzlies (5-1) has seen green lights barging into the top 5 of the NBA rankings by winning their last five games. New York Knick are off into their wild 4-0 start, still being the only undefeated team in NBA. After a strong start by James Harden, Houston Rockets slowly came back to earth after suffering losses, that implies the team needs more jelling on their offense. The Oklahoma City Thunder has finally find it's grove after slugish start on post Harden era.
Check the fresh NBA Power Ranking Week 3
1. San Antonio 6-1 The best record of Spurs sinceand era. Manu catch up after being sidelined for a couple of days. Timmy's averaging 21 points and 10 rebounds and 3 blocks. Spurs face Lakers Monday night. NBA Ranking from 2 to 1.
2. Miami 5-2 The Heat basketball defense look bad in Week 1, even more when they lost to the Grizlies Sunday. Defense wins games and Coach Spo knows that. Lebron James just named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week by averaging 21 points, 11 rebounds and 6 assist over the last 4 games. Ranking from 1 to 2.
3. New York 4-0 While the NY & NY NFL teams stumbled, the Knicks has been making smiles to the New Yorkers in the face of adversity from the super-storm aftermath.even let others participate and still without Amare.
4. Los Angeles Clippers 5-2 In the past years we used to LA yellow team in the top 5 of the NBA rankings, instead it's the other LA team making a smack down at Staple Center.as the Sixth Man Award winner this year? Why not, the Clippers wish to hang on on the current place their in. Ranking from 5 to 4.
5. Memphis 5-1 Grizzlies becomes deadly team going into third week. While you can shut Memphis' inside scoring duo ofand Marc Gasol, outside shooters will pay you for it. had career bests with seven 3-pointers and 25 points, leading the Grizzlies over the Miami Heat 104-86 on Sunday. Ranking jump from 12 to 5.
6. Oklahoma City 5-2 After their sluggish start in post-Harden era, the Thunder has figured it out winning four straight games.and Bad Russell WEstbrook finally figured it out. Ranking from 7 to 6.
7. Chicago 4-2 The Bulls start 2-0 but the schedules can be tougher ahead, Chicago has without former MVPand may have to move on without his replacement as well who injured in win over Minnesota. Ranking 7 to 6.
8. Los Angeles 3-4 With 1-4 start, Lakers onwners freaks out and fire Mike Brown. Now Lakers has new coach Mike D'Antoni, his style to work in LA is still doubtful with the aging superstars. The problem is D'Antoni is more on offense but weak on defense. Remember points wins games, but defense wins rings. Who knows, at least Kobe Bryant's team finally won two straight. Ranking from 15 to 8.
9. Dallas 4-3 It's hard to produced team without experienced of playing together but Mavericks are finding ways around. It will be even better ifcomeback.
10. Milwaukee 3-2 Milwaukee Bucks are going for their best start on the road and Monta Ellis - Brandon Jennings should the big part of it. Ranking 4 to 10.
11. Philadelphia 4-2 Andrew Bynum comeback pushed furthermore but Sixers is well coached and been finding ways to win. Jrue Holiday is off to the best launch of his young career. Ranking from 18 to 10. Ranking 18 to 11
12. Boston 3-3 Rajon Rondo played a key role on Celtics offense in finding Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett for open looks down the stretch. Ranking 10 to 12.
13. Brooklyn 3-2 Brooklyn learned lesson when they blew a 22-point lead loss to Minnesota. But Nets will be fine Joe Johnson could recover from shooting slump to help Deron Williams and Brook Lopez in the offense. Ranking 14 to 13.
14. Atlanta 2-3 The Hawks lost two in a row when they take on the Portland Trail Blazers tonight. Ranking 8 to 14.
15. Denver 4-3 After losing three straight, Nuggets bounched back with four wins in a row. Andre Iguodala game finally sinks in along with Kenneth Faried to help the offense. Ranking from 22 to 15.
16. Indiana 3-4 Paul George should takeover the offense if Indiana can weather without Danny Granger. In a weekend win over Sacramento, George and D-West became the first Pacers to each ring up at least 15 points and 15 rebounds in the same game. Ranking 9 to 16.
17. Minnesota 4-2 Without Kevin Love and now Brandon Roy not being productive, the Timberwolves season is not far from over. Their 4-2 speaks for itself. Ranking from 24 to 17.
18. New Orleans 3-2 New Orleans rookie Anthony Davis looks good in his first game back from a concussion in a win against Charlotte. Way to go NOLA. Ranking from 20 t0 18.
19. Utah 3-4 Utah hopes to end their 0-5 road skid at Toronto tonight. Playing at home is not a problem at all. Ranking 13 to 19.
20. Golden State 3-4 Brandon Rush ACL tear and now without 7-foot center Andrew Bogut adds misery for the Wrriors. Can Klay Thompson, Carl Landry and Stephen Curry rarry this team? Ranking from 19 to 20.
21. Houston 3-3 After James Harden fantastic start, the Rockets just can't win when Harden is shutout. They need to make plays more besides just Harden alone. Ranking 16 to 21.
22. Phoenix 3-4 After good start imported players should find ways to get the Suns going.
23. Portland 2-4 Damian Lillard has made waves along with LaMarcus Aldridge, although Portland should find ways stop the bleeding in three game losing skid. The Trail Blazers played well at home on Saturday but lost narroly 112-109 to the San Antonio Spurs. Ranking 17 to 23.
24. Charlotte 2-3 Charlotte win over Dallas without Dirk and Marion isn't bad at all. Somthing they can build confidence about. Ranking from 25 to 24.
25. Orlando 2-4 Orlando Magic are having a difficult time adjusting in the post-Dwight Howard era. Orlando also appears to have a lot to work on offensively after averaging 71.5 points and shooting 38.7 percent from the field in its last two games. Jammer Nelson needs to return fast.
26. Cleveland 2-5 Cavaliers are looking for better bench scoring to take a load off from Kyrie Irving.
27. Sacramento 2-5 The Kings were short-handed with center DeMarcus Cousins and backup forward Thomas Robinson serving suspensions affected their preformance of the week
28. Toronto 1-5 Toronto is without three key players: Kyle Lowry, Landry Fields and Alan Anderson. Raptors should take advantage of Utah weakness tonight. Ranking from 23 to 28.
29. Washington 0-5 Wizards looks un-wizardly clue-less on basketball unless they can produced their first win
30. Detroit 0-7 The Pistons are looking for first win.