We have seen the devastation caused by a natural disaster like Sandy, and we should take care not to push the US into a man-made disaster by selecting a wrong candidate to occupy the White House - let us not go by the color of the skin when it is the color of the inner soul that is much more important.
And Presidenthas proved his worth on that count several times over.
He, like the true captain of the ship, remained in the White House to oversee the relief measures after super-storm Sandy struck and battered New York, New Jersey and the east coast and left more than 100 dead with millions in misery.
Why elect Barack Obama – there are three main plus points in his favor.
1. He won the Nobel Prize for Peace – in 2009, shortly after assuming office, President Barack Obama was honored with the Nobel Prize for Peace – the main reason for this was that the judges felt that the promise of disarmament and diplomacy that he showed was difficult to ignore.
2. He arranged auto bailout of GM and Chrysler – in 2009, the president had authorized an auto bailout package of $20-billion for GM and Chrysler in the battleground state of Ohio where 1 in 8 jobs are related to the auto industry.
3. He eliminated Osama bin Laden – Osama bin Laden was the al-Qaida leader who had masterminded the attack on the Twin Towers in New York which killed thousands of innocent Americans as well as of the global community. His elimination was important because it was one way to avenge the deaths. President Obama did just that.
Whywould not be a proper choice – here again, there are three main drawbacks against him.
1. His lack of expertise in international affairs – this was amply evident during his global tour in July 2012 when he failed to make any lasting impression on the countries he visited and, in fact, turned out to be an embarrassment for the US.
2. His habit of making hasty decisions - as he did in the case of shouting on the top of his voice that Chrysler was planning to take its Jeep manufacturing facilities from Ohio to China.
3. His admission that 47 percent of voters are not important to him – it was something that he would repent for throughout his life. The statement captured in a video revealed his inner feelings towards those who do not fall into any tax bracket. These persons are basically those who do not earn enough to pay taxes.
Celebrities who want Obama back - In a report that appeared in usmagazine.com, a list of some celebrities who are with Barack Obama has been declared. It is an impressive list of actors, singers, comedians and rock stars and goes like this - , Jon Hamm, , Jennifer Westfeldt, , Rachael Leigh Cook, , Ben McKenzie, , , , rock legend , Trey Songz, LeToya Luckett, Kevin Hart, , Ken Jeong, Ed Helms, , Padma Lakshmi, Magic Johnson, and Russell Simmons.
Hence, the choice is clear and no one should have any second opinion – just vote for President Barack Obama and re-elect him so that he can continue to carry on his unfinished agenda of 2008 and see it to its logical conclusion.
Incidentally, the New York Times has endorsed Obama’s candidature – it was basically the achievements of the president ‘... including carrying out the economic stimulus, saving the auto industry, improving fuel efficiency standards, and making two very fine Supreme Court appointments...’
This is the second time that New York Times has endorsed a president – the last time it had done so was in the case of President Eisenhower in 1956: he was a Republican!
If you like writing about US politics and Campaign 2012, enter "The American Pundit" competition. Allvoices is awarding four $250 prizes each month between now and November. These monthly winners earn eligibility for the $5,000 grand prize, to be awarded after the November election.