1. Los Angeles Lakers. After trading forand for , the only thing that could hold the Lakers back would be injuries.
2. Los Angeles Clippers. The Clippers are extremely deep with the bench additions of, , , , and Willie Green. I almost picked the Clippers to be first in the Pacific Division, but the NBA will be administering fines for flopping this season.
3. Sacramento Kings. Drafting Thomas Robinson immediately boosted the prospects for Sacramento this season.
4. Golden State Warriors. Although I like how Golden State is improving, the Warriors are too injury-prone.
5. Phoenix Suns. Trading Steve Nash obviously guarantees that the Suns will not be rising this season. However, they will still be a good team to watch this season due to their uptempo style. Michael Beasley should be the most improved player this season as he will thrive at the 3 position.