1. Boston Celtics. Boston will have one of the deepest benches in the NBA with Jeff Green coming back, the free agent signings ofand , and along with drafting Jared Sullinger and Fab Melo. If the Celtics do not play as bad as they did when they lost to Fenerbache in the preseason, then they will win the Atlantic Division.
2. New York Knicks. The Knicks added more defense and more veteran leadership by acquiring, Ray Felton, and Ronnie Brewer. The added depth should make New York a division contender this season.
3. Brooklyn Nets. Trading for Joe Johnson solidifies the Nets starting five, but the bench appears that it will be nonexistent for long stretches during this season.
4. Philadelphia 76ers. Depending onis a rather scary proposition because he seems to only play hard once every other week.
5. Toronto Raptors. The Raptors made some good offseason moves, but they were so far down last year to move up in the standings. However, their record will be improved this season withat point guard.