Museum is very important to a nation, because it represents a nation’s tradition and historical sign. That’s why most of the nation has established museums. Now we are going to inform you about the Top 10 Museums in the World. We hope this post will very interesting to all of our audiences. Here is the information about Top 10 Museums in the World.
1. Musee du Louvre: The most famous museum in the world is Louvre. It is situated in Paris, France. The museum building was the residence of the kings of France. This museum is renowned for some of the finest pieces of art in the world such as Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa. This greatest museum predictably is in the 1st position of these Top 10 Museums in the World.
2. Vatican Museums: The Vatican Museums is situated in the holly city Vatican City. It is nearly nine miles from the Roman Catholic Church’s Vatican. It is one of the largest and most surprising museums in the world. More than four millions of visitors visit the museum annually. Some master pieces of Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael and Michel Angelo are in this museum. This is in the 2nd position of these Top 10 Museums in the World.
3. Metropolitan Museum of Art: This is the most famous museum of USA and one of the in the world. It is situated in the New York City. There are so many great piece of Picasso to Pollock over two million pieces of art work in this museum. Peruse the Greek sculptures, 2,000 European paintings are in this. So, Metropolitan Museum of art is in the 3rd position of these Top 10 Museums in the World.
4. J. Paul Getty Center: It is another American Museum. J. Paul Getty Center is situated Los Angeles in USA. The museum has a great collection of art including the works of Van Gough, Monet and Cezanne. The museum building is a piece of art in itself. It has a nice garden too. J. Paul Getty Center is in the 4th position of these Top 10 Museums in the World.
5. Musee d’Orsay: This museum is situated in Paris, France. The building where the museum is situated was a train station. In the year of 1900 the museum was established in this. Here is the famous Van Gough’s “Starry Night”. Without this there are so many collections of Monet, Manet, Renoir, Van Gough and Degas. This Museum is in the 5th position of these Top 10 Museums in the World.
6. Uffizi Gallery: This famous gallery is situated in Florence, Italy. It is one of the oldest museums of the world. The museum is in the heart of the Florence. Here is Botticelli’s “Birth of Venus”. Here is also the art works ofand Leonardo da Vinci. This museum is in the 6th position of these Top 10 Museums in the World.
7. Art Institute of Chicago: This Museum is located in Chicago, USA. Some extensive Impressionist and some post Impressionist collections belong to this museum. There are 30 pieces by Monet. “Haystacks” by Monet and “At the Moulin Rouge” by Henri Toulouse Lautrec are two of them. Art institute of Chicago is in the 7th position of these Top 10 Museums in the World.
8. Tate Modern: This is a British museum and situated in England. This was established in a former Bankside Horizon power station with the wonderful views of the Thames and Millennium Bridge. They have a large collection including Dali’s “Forgotten Horizon”. Tate Modern is in the 8th position of these Top 10 Museums in the World.
9. Prado Museum: Prado Museum is the largest Spanish Museum. They have one of the largest and most impressive collections in the world. The museum is famous for its assortment of works from Spanish artists such as Goya, Velasquez, Murillo and El Greco. It is in the 9th position of these Top 10 Museums in the World.
10. National Gallery of Art: National Gallery of Art is located in Washington D.C. The museum includes an east and west building. It also features a sculpture garden surrounding a large fountain. In the east building there are the works by, and Andy Warhol. This museum is in the 10th position of these Top 10 Museums in the World.