Has fame and money caught up with Politics and entertainment gig apparently got under the skin of Manny resulting to his declining performance in the ring. He is clearly slower boxer right now and less entertaining in the ring based on what we've seen in his last Marquez fight. Lots of people believe that if he continue what he's doing right now, Manny Pacquiao is an accident waiting to happen and Marquez will easily defeats him in their fourth fight in December.\?
But it's not too late to change people's perception for Pacquiao, as old saying that goes “opinions are like rear ends everyone has one”. With that said, here's Manny Pacquiao should do in order to win against Marquez and salvage the fight of the century against Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
1. Train full-time in LA - Pacquiao should abandon his usual two-week training camp in the Philippines’ Baguio City and set up camp full-time at the Wild Card Gym with trainer. Pacquiao jogging in Hollywood hills should be replaced with lateral movements as well as head movements. Pacman shadow boxing is boring old school. If you watched 24/7 in HBO on Sergio Martinez's shadow boxing around the strings is the perfect training for Pacman since you gain movement control.
2. Cut hair short - Freddy Roach should have known optical illusion factor in boxing yet he tolerated Pacquiao to sport long hair in his fights lately. The impact of a fighter's punches (hit or miss), can often exaggerate the 'ragdoll' effect generated by a fighter's long, stringy hair, as report pointed out. Aside from Marquez fight, perhaps the judges were optically-tricked into thinking Tim Bradley's shots were far more damaging than they were when Pacquiao's hair bounces wildly.
3. Don't try to wait judges and viewers just for sake of NBA game - Some observers said that part of the reason why Pacquiao lost to Bradley was the old judges in their 70's were furious of letting them wait just for the sake of Pacman watching Boston Celtics vs Miami Heat. Has Pacquiao has turned into boxing brat diva? There shouldn't have problems in December since it's not an NBA playoff month.
4. Throw that killer left hook often - Has Pacman forgotten his killer punch? In Pacquiao vs Marquez II video highlights at 58:48 time replay, he smacked nice lefthook that almost floored the Mexican. Pacquiao should have follow that up after side stepping to the right in 58:50 time it he video above. Remember that punch that caused retirement?
5. Pacquiao-Roach should overhual fight plan - Roach should concoct new fight plan, schemes or blitz to avoid 0-5 record this year. Whether it's counter punching, defense or offense scheme. It's been so boring watching Pacquiao and Roach working out in the ring lately. In their last fight, Marquez outwitted Pacquiao by stomping his feet four times, resulting him in out of balance and clearly a prey to Marquez pin point straight jabs. Team Pacquiao downplayed the incident as natural with their fighting stance, but the stomping incident rarely if not didn't happened in their first two fights. Plus, Pacman's very predictable moves coming in won't work on Marquez high boxing IQ by which he can easily anticipate,
Pacquio needs to knockout Marquez as Freddie Roach said recently. If Pacquiao wins without a knockout, he should hang-up his gloves and retire to concentrate his political aspirations. Pacquiao should forget fighting in April 20 next year.