Deputy Russian foreign minister Gennady Gatilov said today at a press conference that Russia has warned NATO and the international powers not to think about military intervention in Syria and also told them it does not agree to a buffer zone in Syria.
The diplomat also added that Moscow warns against looking for this kind of pretext to resort to the use of force and is opposed to humanitarian corridors or buffer zones in Syria.
Meanwhile, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi warned world powers not to interfere in the conflict.
"When it comes to outside interference, and to the internal affairs of Syria, and when outside powers dictate upon the Syrian people that 'Look, your president should step down, and this should happen,' this is not the right way to do things."
Salehi, who attended a debate organized by the Council on Foreign Relations, a U.S. research center, said that a national dialogue and new elections were the only way to solve the Syrian crisis, saying the Syrian people should choose their own path.
Salehi also warned the Syrian regime that the possible use of chemical weapons would lead to the latter's loss of all legitimacy - "If this hypothesis were true, it would be the end of everything," he said.
"If any country, including Iran, uses weapons of mass destruction, this is the and of the legitimacy of this government," he added.
Salehi stressed that the weapons of mass destruction are against humanity and it is something which is not acceptable at all.
For his part, U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-moon told reporters at a meeting marking the 15th anniversary of the Chemical Weapons Convention on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly that he warned Syria against using chemical weapons, saying any such attack would bring "dire consequences."
Last week, U.S. Defense Secretary said the Syrian regime recently has moved some of its chemical weapons to safeguard them against rebel forces.
In related news, the Lebanese daily Ad-Diya reported that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad was in Aleppo Tuesday in order to take a first-hand look on the decisive battle by government forces against the insurgents.
According to the newspaper, Assad has ordered the 5th and 6th units of Syrian Army, whose numbers are estimated at 30,000 soldiers and 2,000 personnel carriers, to go from Hama to Aleppo and attack any occupied area of the province of Aleppo from the border Turkish to cleanse the country from armed gangs and terrorists.
Apparently the Syrian regime's allies had prior information about the regime's will to settle battles with the Free Syrian Army with a major massacre. They definitely have information that the Syrian regime is collapsing.
The Russian statement was a direct threat. As for the Iranian Foreign Minister, he has talked about chemical weapons in general, but this does not prevent Tehran from having information, in advance, about the intention of the regime to use chemical weapons.
The situation on the ground does not indicate at all that Assad visited Aleppo and what was published on the Lebanese newspaper cannot be believed at all. The Free Syrian army targeted the air and the ground, so it is impossible that Assad left his hideout to give such orders, according to what has been published by the newspaper.
Note that the newspaper did not attach any images to these news so as to prove what it stated. At the same time, SANA news agency did not mention this news at all, confirming that the news is not true.
Free Syrian Army announced through their website that they captured a large quantity of weapons during the ongoing battle in Aleppo. They will publish a video showing the types and quantities of weapons. According to my own sources, the regime forces are escaping from the battle and trying to hide in the fields.