Ihsan Dawar (+92 345 922 32 38) firstname.lastname@example.org
Afghan and NATO forces in Afghanistan have claimed that they had killed 24 Taliban including top three Al Qaeda Afghani leaders in an operation during the last 24 hours in various parts of Afghanistan.
A statement issued from the interior ministry of Kabul, Afghan Capital, said that Afghan police assisted by NATO and ISAF forces killed 21 Taliban in eastern afghan provinces, Kapisa, Qandhar and Farh during an operation while allied forces had no casualties. Taliban in Afghanistan has not issued any kind of statement about it so far.
In another statement issued by NATO says that three Al Qaeda Afghan leaders including the provincial chief of Al Qaeda Mufti Assad and his assistant was killed in an air strike yesterday in the western district of Kunar.
The statement said that no civilian casualties were reported during the air strikes. It is to be mentioned that south east parts of Afghanistan are continuously a problem for the coalition forces in Afghanistan for the last ten years.
On the other hand Afghan Islamic press(AIP) reported that Two New Zealand soldiers and as many Afghan troops were killed while six New Zealand and 11 Afghan security personnel sustained injuries in a Taliban attack in Bamyan province yesterday.
The Ministry of Defence of New Zealand announced its two soldiers were killed and six more injured in an attack in Duab district in Bamyan province yesterday.
A press release of the New Zealand Ministry of Defence said the soldiers were working for a Provincial Reconstruction Team (PRT).
The International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) press office in Kabul also admitted two New Zealand soldiers were killed in Duab district in Bamyan province yesterday. It added two Afghan soldiers were killed and 11 more injured in the attack.
Meanwhile, the Bamyan provincial authorities said the attack was conducted on the National Directorate of Security (NDS) personnel, causing casualties to them.
On the other hand, the Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told the Afghan Islamic Press (AIP) that 18 soldiers of the joint force were killed in Seghan and Duab districts of Bamyan province yesterday.
He claimed four New Zealand soldiers were killed and as many injured during gunfight in Shikari Darra area in Duab district. Two Taliban fighters also suffered injuries in the clash, he added.
He went on to say their fighters attacked NDS personnel in Dhan Seghan aera in Seghan district yesterday, killing its four workers and injuring six more.
The fresh fatalities to the New Zealand troops to die in Afghanistan raised their death toll to eight in the war-torn country.
Bamyan is considered the most peaceful province of Afghanistan where the armed opponents have surged up their attacks and blasts in the recent past.
Observers believe the armed opponents have strong presence in Bamyan’s neighbouring Wardag, Parwan and Baghlan provinces. They are of the view that the armed opponents launch attacks from these provinces into Shebar, Kahmard and Seghan districts of Bamyan province.
Meanwhile, two personnel of the National Directorate of Security were killed and three more injured in gunfight with Taliban in Jablul Saraj district in Parwan province last night, an official said Sunday .
The clash took place between the two sides when the NDS operatives conducted attack on a house where the Taliban were holding meeting in Jablul Saraj district, the district police chief Muhammad Masoom told the Afghan Islamic Press (AIP).
The Taliban also suffered casualties in the gunfight, he said, adding he did not have accurate information in this regard.
Meanwhile, the Taliban spokemasn Zabihullah Mujahid told the AIP the Afghan security forces conducted sudden attack on their fighters in Tug Lar area in Jablul Saraj district. He claimed five Afghan security personnel were killed and as many injured when the Taliban offered resistance.
He maintained a fighter was killed and another sustained injuries in the gunfight.