A large fire sweeps the 42 storey Polat Tower in Istanbul but no injuries were reported.
The building was used as offices, shops and apartments of the city were sweep by fire due to faulty air conditioner. Many people were stranded inside but able to evacuated safely as the bulding's fire extinguishing system automatically activated. Firefighters backed by helicopters and later managed to contain the blaze. The building engulfed in thick black plumes of smoke, with pieces of debris falling to the ground.
The tower block's owner, Adnan Polat, said everyone from the building had been rescued. There were no reports of any casualties.All of them left the building in a healthy condition. We also rescued a few pets. Our biggest reward is there was no loss of life. This building has an early warning system and this incident showed the importance of it to everyone, Polat added.
Roads around the building remain closed for safety reasons.