This story is just getting sadder.
Police discovered Sylvester Stallone‘s son, Sage, dead yesterday in his home and it seems that he may have been dead for up to three days to a week.
Law officials told TMZ that Sage would barely leave his room, which was filled with garbage including cigarette butts, empty beer and soda cans and leftover food; they also found “huge” pill bottles in drawers.
Our sources say Sage was living like a hermit … no one had spoken with him since a week ago Friday. Although the housekeeper had been there earlier this week, she had specific ongoing instructions never to enter Sage’s room. In fact, we’re told the housekeeper was told to never even knock at the door.
More after the jump.
One of their sources called the room “disgusting”, saying it reeked of various odors. Had it not been for Sage’s mother, he might have not been found then, either: she hadn’t heard from him in a week and asked his housekeeper to check in on him… that’s when the body was discovered.
However, one thing was clear from their findings: Sage’s all-too-young death at 36 was a tragic accident.
Our hearts go out to the Stallone family in this very sad time.