I confess this is not funny but just couldn't help myself from smiling a wee bit. Please forgive me for this could have been a potentially dangerous situation but be honest after reading, you have to admit there is an irresistibly slightly satirical angle to it all.
A 3-year-old Southern California boy reportedly got his little hands into the cookie jar but these were no ordinary goodies. According to the Los Angeles Times, the young boy's grandma, who has cancer, uses medical marijuana baked in cookies as a remedy and had a stash on hand when her grandson went on the prowl and found them.
The boy reportedly pounced upon the cookies in a refigerator located in the garage and had to be rushed to a nearby hospital in Cambria Lane, Murrieta, after he passed out from eating the pot-laced 'treats.'
He was later released and Child Protection Services is reportedly investigating. Grandma has not been arrested or charged at this time.