The Amount: FDA suggests consumption of at least 50 mg of protein every day.
The Sources: Soybean, chunks, tofu, nuts, pulses, beans, dates, banana, eggs, milk, meat, whey etc.
Protein is very important for your body. It is a natural substance that has several advantages. Some of them are given below:
- The main function of protein is the maintenance of cells, muscles, tissues and organs. It also builds new cells and keeps the balance. For a healthy body, adequate amount of protein is needed. Without protein, damaged cells or tissues will take longer to heal, which will cause health issues.
- Almost all hair products use protein because of the benefits it has. Protein makes your hair stronger and your skin healthier. Hair is mainly made of protein, which is necessary for it to mend itself and stay healthy. It is better to directly consume protein than to use artificial products.
- Protein makes hemoglobin and antibodies that are very important for the body as they provide oxygen to blood cells and defend the body against infections, respectively.
- Protein is a major energy source. Protein diet is very healthy and provides the body a good amount of calories to perform everyday tasks.Carbohydrates – Welcome!
The Amount: FDA advises a daily intake of 300 grams of carbohydrates.
The Sources: Rice, apricot (dry), honey, whole wheat flour, kidney beans, curd, fish, spinach, figs, strawberry, buttermilk etc.
- Carbohydrates are the body’s main source of energy. The human body needs glucose, which is produced from carbohydrates. Protein and fats may also be used to produce glucose, but carbohydrates are a better source. The concept that carbs lead to obesity is unjustified. However, a carb-only diet has its drawbacks.
- Carbohydrates are a very good source of fiber that is very useful for the body. Fiber keeps the functions of our body in a balance and also helps protect it against several diseases. Lack of fiber leads to constipation and other health issues.
- Carbohydrate sources provide the body with vital vitamins, such as vitamin A, C and E. These vitamins are antioxidants that keep the body healthy and protect it from oxidative damages.
The brain needs glucose for it to function properly. Your brain cells use the maximum number of glucose. If you have a deficiency of carbohydrates, your brain will not get enough amount of glucose, as the body finds it difficult to make it from different sources. To keep the brain healthy, adequate amount of carbohydrates is required.