Eyes are a very important part of our body and we must take care of them. Given below are some eye care tips that you must use to keep your eyes in perfect condition.
- Get your eyes tested regularly. It is important to go to a doctor and get your eyes checked. In case you face any difficulty in seeing things, do not waste time. Early detection is the key.
- When stepping out, use sunglasses and a hat to keep your eyes safe from sunrays. Ultraviolet rays very negatively affect the eyes.
- Wash your eyes often and never let them dry. Moisture is very important for your eyes. You can get good lubricants from the market, but it’s preferable to only go for prescribed ones.
- Diet is very important. Your eyes need certain minerals and vitamins to work perfectly. Add foods that are rich in Vitamin A, C, and E in your diet. Carrot is very good for eyes and improves vision.
- Do not watch television too closely or sit too close to the computer screen. The rays emitted by the television or monitor are very dangerous for eyes. A good screen protector should be used.
- Make sure you blink your eyes often and look in different directions every 15-20 minutes when working on a computer or watching television. Staying glued to the television or computer screen for a very long time has adverse effects on the eyes.
- Maintain proper sitting posture when reading, writing or using computers. Your monitor should be right in front of your eyes.
- Light is good for your eyes. Avoid reading or doing any other activity that stresses your eyes.
- Sleep properly. If you do not sleep properly, your eyes will look weak and strained. You will also have problems in concentrating and will grow eye bags.
- Avoid smoking. Tobacco has a very negative impact on your eyes. Nicotine, present in tobacco, reduces blood flow to eyes, which affects your vision and can cause many other eye infections.
- Some of the eye infections are also contagious. In case you have anyone who has eye infections, such as inflammation, always have your eyes covered in front of that person to stay safe.
- Always use good quality specs or contact lenses. Do not compromise on the quality, and make sure they match perfectly with the doctor’s prescription. Also, avoid trying other’s specs or lenses.
Don’t take your eyes for granted. Take care of them so that they stay healthy for a longer period of time.